bubblegoose '79 lancer

QCADTA

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not a full on race car just a street car that can handle track abuse

trying to locate a 2l twin cam to fit in as the one i had lined up seems to have vanished

have a set of R1 carbs ready to be fitted to the engine i don't have aswell

as for the sounds i have it turned down most of the time my ears can handle all that bass

Hey... that car looks familiar ;)

Oh, yeah, it arrived at my garage with a fucked 1200 and left with a not so shit EX 1600 and 5 speed. Love that car man, take good care of it.

oh so your that guy

could have put a new gearbox seal, in ive got a nice wee puddle under my car now :lol: haha just kiddin its coming out to be steamed and sealed anyway and have the push for 5th shit removed

Hey... that car looks familiar ;)

Oh, yeah, it arrived at my garage with a fucked 1200 and left with a not so shit EX 1600 and 5 speed. Love that car man, take good care of it.

oh so your that guy

could have put a new gearbox seal, in ive got a nice wee puddle under my car now :lol: haha just kiddin its coming out to be steamed and sealed anyway and have the push for 5th shit removed

Oops, your damn right i should have, i even have one here for it.

edit: I never figured out why it had to be pushed for 5th, coz standard boxes dont.. I had 2 other boxes with similar shifters sitting around at the time, so its likely one of them got a little muddled up. Hope it doesnt cause you any dramas.

push for 5th?? that's weird.. mine's got a push for reverse which I haven't seen on any other mitsis of the same era.

only just saw your project thread now, sweet build up and crack up colour scheme underneath. how are you going to control ignition with the twin cam on carbs?

i fugures that if i have an offensive enough colour sceme

then it might distract the wof guys from any real problems hahaha

i was planning in going megajolt or megasquirt for the ignition

preferably megajolt as it removes the temptation of slapping on injectors and a turbo

so if anybody has one for sale (actually i need 2 one for my dads x-flow) then i may be interested

Phil. the Sigma had push for 5th. I replaced the gearstick with a cut down one I had, possibly orientation was wrong or some weird shit

bubblegoose: You'll have to build the Megajolt up for each individual car I'm pretty sure. Ie: You cant just whack any old one on and try tuning it.