Brocky41"s 1978 Datsun 120Y aka TUFDAT

brocky41

Just thought id start a discussion for my 120y.
Ca18de was a fairly easy conversion to do and was done in 4 months from engine out to new engine in running and certed etc.
Big ups to Dad for all the effort and hard work that he put into it for me.

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/22749-brocky41s-1978-datsun-120y-aka-tufdat/?hl=tufdat

Yea needs a bit of a tune up and to get the idle sorted (keeps goiing up and down by about 500rpm when hot ) but apart from that seems to be going good.

Will deff be at the next Trackday - wanna break 150ks - only managed 120 with a Series

Yea needs a bit of a tune up and to get the idle sorted (keeps goiing up and down by about 500rpm when hot ) but apart from that seems to be going good.

Will deff be at the next Trackday - wanna break 150ks - only managed 120 with a Series

mine does the exact same thing

Do you run the carbon canister?? i think it has something to do with that.

My fuel reg runs off straight vacumn (phlenum) and i also run the vacum line that runs those "Secondary" butterflies in the inlet manifold direct vacumn. I think that is normally hooked to carbon canister or something cos it opens straight away so is little bit boggy down low sumtimes.

Anyone got any pics of standard engine bay of CA18de engine bay???? to help us CA boys

• 1 month later...
Do you run the carbon canister?? i think it has something to do with that.

My fuel reg runs off straight vacumn (phlenum) and i also run the vacum line that runs those "Secondary" butterflies in the inlet manifold direct vacumn. I think that is normally hooked to carbon canister or something cos it opens straight away so is little bit boggy down low sumtimes.

Anyone got any pics of standard engine bay of CA18de engine bay???? to help us CA boys

there is usually a fuel solinoid type thingrun by the ecu that goes into the vacuum line for the regulator , that might be the problem possibly ?

also gutted about the breakin man , that sucks big time

cops just send me a report - no one bothers to come have a look as it was raining(washes prints off) and the stuff they took is all on surfaces you cant get prints off.

Im claiming though house and contents for the cds and everything else - the stereo gear i have to get backmyself as NAC Insurance that i have was $1300 access - currently changing to swan as if heard they are heaps better.

• 8 months later...

dude its hastings they were proberbly filming for hours and i was the only one to drive past! man, was just dropping the mrs off in town then driving back to work. Its kinda hard to be "boyracing" when you're going like 10km thru an intersection lol

that dudes a fuckwit tho anyway, been in trouble heaps for randomly bashing people so dunno what he's on about

car looked mean tho hahahha

had like 10 people ring and text before i even knew we were on was funny as

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Doing a rack conversion Brock? 

Oughta make things sweet! What sort've rims do you think you're after? 

Still the h165 Rear, or going to larger h190 - or hilux and make the whole lot 5/114.3?

15" Wats..... Along these lines but larger/lower profile.. 

wt3.jpg