kpr's AE85

mikuni

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey dude,

Is it hard work turreting the rear on these cars?

Im keen to turret my MZ10 as i have the same suspension that im transplanting. But the rears arnt even close to fitting.

Was tossing up this idea or running a spacer to space the top of the struts down so the spring clears the outside of the body that houses the struts (stupid little tapered cavity)

ae was a bit of a pain, as had to mark out the shape and cut with angle grinder. witch isnt that fun sitting in the boot. kp was easy as i was able to get a drill in there and holesaw straight down, which gave the right shape at the same time. then either way, your gonna need to get everything straight. i leveled the car the best i could. then used a degree level to get both sides the same. along with measuring from reference points (drawn on the floor before cutting the holes) to confirm. good thing about it is you can set the turret height, so the coil over is sitting right in the middle of its adjustment at desired ride height. i also moved the mounting points out a bit in the ae. as the shocks lean in on quite a big angle.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Whats the deal with the crazy twin plenum inlet manifold?

was wondering how long before someone asked.. theres a slot between the 2 plenums, from one end to the other, idea is to fill the main plenum evenly, so you get even cylinder distribution. area of the slot is slighly bigger than throttle body area. so it doesn't cause a restriction.

Truenotch: hah then you'd spend the rest of your days, telling your engineer to stop being a lazy cunt.

todays achievement was, remounting the turbo back in the same place i had it 2 months ago! might start on the exhaust manifold this week. was going to make it out of thin wall tube to keep weight down. but really dont wanna be rebuilding it if it breaks

giz you $5 for your garage and leave all the kit inside plz

or trade you for my garage has a hammer and a tig welder (with no gas)

ill swap you a box of galv nails for tig to go with your hammer :idea:

on another note, nice work kpr. looks awesome

• 2 months later...

Thats brilliant work man, love it, looks like its meant to be like that - factory stock kinda look - any idiot can make anything custom, making it look like it was always intended to look like stock is where the art is..