kpr's AE85

mikuni

Looks like that poor 3A must have overheated awesomely at some point. I think those radiators are prone for exploding so perhaps thats what happened?

Either way, looks like a real good starting point. Going to go down the same path as you did with the KP with an NA 4AGE or looking at something a bit different for the 8 5?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

most likely a 4age. definitely turbo this time though! must have lots of power without wrecking the handling. so no heavy engines

yeh the old 3a is pretty rooted. smells like the exhaust is plumbed into the radiator when ya open the cap. but think most of the stuff in the engine bay was from the previous owner paddock bashing it. took a few days to get all the cow shit off and collect a few dozen empty beer/rtd bottles out of it.

are you just welding the threaded tube to the base of the strut? thats a fucken good idea man. I may have to do somthing similar on my ute. except make the threaded sections as I can afford to buy BC ones :lol:

Fuck you will have a serious problem once this is done. Which one are you gonna drive???? :D

haha.

can't take credit for the strut idea, kinda stole it off mr dori ^ if i can do a mint weld on it it should still look like an off the shelf coil over.

would have cost me alot more if i was to build a coil over setup from scratch, with bits frrom stocks or the likes. plus this was everything is matched up sweet to start with and no issues with uncaptive springs.

Truenotch: yeh got it for a ok price, its pretty rust free. witch was the main thing i was worried about. wasnt too worried about anything else, as it will pretty much all be replaced

springs were 100 each for whatever spring rate, length and diameter you wanted from a place in tauranga. I would just turn up some threaded sections. press them together and weld. lol sounds easy when you say it.

anyways mean project. keen to see the progress. you may get 09 project of the year if ya keep it to the same quality of the kp :wink:

mostly for the rear, the ae86 ones come with separate shock and coil like stock setup. going to do similar to kp and go proper coil over. plus i like cutting shit up and it would be too easy to bolt ae86 stuff on. its allways good to cut up nissan stuff, when you own a toyota as well.

front is finished. other than forgetting to weld the brake line brackets on.

cheers for the comments.

• 2 weeks later...

they are sweet rims, thanks man.

the front i made a brackets to push the guards out 15mm or so. one side rubs a bit still, but just needs rolling properly. someone did a mean job on one and shit on the other.

gotta sus the back out yet, guard sits on the tyre at the moment