rot808

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rovers need loads of cooling which vans aint great for at all ,

i would save that for a reincarnation of rusky the lada wagon or similar project where the air can get to the radiator and jus throw another 18r in your touring wagon and profit on the gas savings

Yeah looked into the cooling yesterday. Rover Raidator wont fit. Pretty keen for the V8 so ill just make the cooling work. Later on down the track ill probably be upgrading to a 1UZ but seen as how i have a rover V8 on the shelf and the 18r is broke itll be going in. Ill just make sure i have a good cooling system before i start cruising Queen St on friday night :lol:

i like how this is looking

Care to elaborate?

What are you doing with 18r?

Will sell if anyone wants it.

Was running sweet as bar oil usage (believed the cause of that was a fucked as rocker cover gasket.)

Dont no what damage the timing breakage caused though. Will come with coloum change four speed as well.

Once rover is all in and running though :mrgreen:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
hey, might be keen for some bits off the 18r also for my van if you end up not using... let me know!
+1

I will most likely have some spares for an 18r in the coming weeks.

Will PM both you too when i am able to sell them.

Yeah cant wait till next summer. be roadtrippin all over the show. mardigras this year. will be vanning it down there. keep yous fullaz eyes peeled!

Yeah been checking out alot of US van sites for ideas.

Will likely chop door in two and weld lower piece in place so the top of it is level with the floor then gullwing hinge the top part so it opens like the rear door does. little bit of trial and error and research involved but it doesnt seem to tricky. Really want a spare door to use rather than wrecking the only one i have.

Will likely chop door in two and weld lower piece in place so the top of it is level with the floor then gullwing hinge the top part so it opens like the rear door does.

yea that would be the go but i wouldnt gullwing it esp if you wanna use it while parked next to walls/other cars etc if you see what i mean. could still slide the top 2/3s over the wheel right?