Chroming in chch

nzsubbie

Does any one in chch do proper chrome plateing which involves copper plate 1st. Then the nickal then chrome.

I know there is an place in geraldean and Timaru.

But is there any closer than that or in chch.

I know alot of the platers here only do the nickal and chrome plate only. and have found the plate does not last and rust thru on items like steel radiator covers etc ( even if its kept polished and undercover )

there is also a place in invercargill so i have been told. he does alot of stuff for choppers and the likes. i personly dont no how good of a job he does but i have been told he is bloody good. but in saying that i also no the guy that was just recomended is also

I've heard lots of good things about shiney bits in Geraldine. They're supposed to be the shit.

BUT, I know someone who just picked up a bunch of rare and irreplaceabe bit from there and they weren't that flash. For the wad of money that was paid, they were below what you'd expect. I think some of it is going back in the new year.

Called Shiny bits ltd.

237 Talbot St Geraldine

03-693 9993

We use them for most of our work stuff, good bunch of guys. Dont do plastic, as you need to do that type of chroming with a vacuum or some shit like that.

Bart, if you have problems with them let me know aye........

sounds like i mite go with Geraldine.

Im bit weary for there prices. Theres an guy i know who had his hub caps chrommed by them.

They where brass hub caps ( so didnt need copper plate ). They were not very big. and they charged $100 dollars each hub cap. so $400 all up

that was an few years ago too.

what kinda prices do they charge now?