sheepers MS51 of hyperbolic enlightenment and anomalies

QCADTA

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats my younger brothers car, brought him a new front end over for it from aus last time i was there cause i was shifting all my stuff back to nz and had spare space in the container

Has L series nissan motor at the moment , came out of the bush up ruatoki valley i think or somewhere rough as like that

That chevy truck in the background is his too and hes got a mid 60s rambler classic thats on bags and sits on the ground

I keep hounding him to sell me the ms51 but hes not keen

Thats my younger brothers car, brought him a new front end over for it from aus last time i was there cause i was shifting all my stuff back to nz and had spare space in the container

Has L series nissan motor at the moment , came out of the bush up ruatoki valley i think or somewhere rough as like that

That chevy truck in the background is his too and hes got a mid 60s rambler classic thats on bags and sits on the ground

I keep hounding him to sell me the ms51 but hes not keen

im pretty sure i spoke to him at last years Kumeu hot rod show.

ive seen that car before but i have no idea where the guy lives. it would be cool to go and have a look at it if its not a million miles away.

is he working on it? what are his plans?

i see.

Ive seen a sedan with a UZ in it. it wasn't finished and had no exhaust but the flange face on the head was about 15mm away from the upper wishbone of the front suspension.

the exhaust would have been interesting to say the least.

does your brother know about this forum?

you should hook him up.

i see.

Ive seen a sedan with a UZ in it. it wasn't finished and had no exhaust but the flange face on the head was about 15mm away from the upper wishbone of the front suspension.

was that the light blue on that was on trademe a few years back? was in morrinsville i think

it was definately a tight fit.

i see.

does your brother know about this forum?

you should hook him up.

i see.

That doesnt sound very promising, any chance of just repositioning the engine?

Yea he knows about the forum because he said hed been looking at some of my stuff on here

the UZ is too wide for the front upper arms, you could move the engine up but it wouldn't help you much, the flange face would have to go up 100mm or so to clear the A arm. i reckon you wouldn't get the bonnet closed if you raised the motor that high (not to mention how crap it would be to drive)

its not like its impossible, its just the the exhaust would be really difficult and very narrow in places.

• 3 weeks later...