sheepers MS51 of hyperbolic enlightenment and anomalies

QCADTA

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i haven't even thought about colour yet, it so far away until it will get painted.

im keen to just get it legal and roll in it, but im way more keen to get my RA28 going so i dont work on it much.

im really just collecting bits when they come up at the mo...

and as for the 5M-G, no way, if im going to go down that road ill put a 5M-EU in it, or better still an M-EU. but ill have to have my brain removed first because thats the only way that would be a good idea....... :lol::lol:

sheepers

• 1 month later...

i have a few pics of that car, tis mean. never seen the engine bay though.

it was pretty much the reason i decided i had to have a 51 at whatever cost.

im thinking kind of the same for mine but with a roof chop too, maybe only a little bit, 50mm or so, subtle stile so you have to have a good hard think about it to decide if the roof has been chopped or not. someone with the photochop skilzz could do some chopping for me to see how megga cool it would look/make me do it.

lots of love to whoever can do this for me.

sheepers.

Do you know why the coupes come out with diff front heap lights compared to the saloons?

just a thought

i have the JDM front for mine, it originally had the four round headlights like all the export 50 series.

all JDM 50 series crowns had the two rectangular headlights.

• 2 years later...

Im going to drag this up from the dead and ask for a update!

Have you decided on a engine yet?

Remember how we talked a million times about making a JZ look like a 4M and using some webbers as throttle bodies for EFI. As I was checking out buick bits and pieces I came across these throttle bodies

spec2.gif

Built in injectors, all you need to do is run a fuel line and throttle linkage, they even have a stealth TPS, and you can use them on their side

I also bought a hot rod mag and boom it had a modern Ford 5.0 twin cam V8 with a alloy adapter plate to take the old ford 427 SOHC "cammer" style covers. Looks rad

from this

hrdp_1102_07_o+1932_ford_brookville_roadster_pickup+ford_racing_5_0.jpg

to this

hrdp_1102_06_o+1932_ford_brookville_roadster_pickup+coyote_engine.jpg

So yea , you probably have already sorted it engine wise, but do that ok

that is fucking sweet^^^^^^^

but on the whole, no i don't have an engine sorted, or an idea of what i want to use.

I'm gonna roll with the 2M until it shits itself (2 minutes 20 seconds is about the longest an M has run without the aforementioned "shit itself") and see what happens.

do like the look of disguised moders engine though. it would have to say something other than ford on the motor though....

2JZ with 4M covers would be awesome, would be gay making the plasic front cover section look good though

3UZ with V series covers? same thing again with the plastic front and they would be to wide

Oh and ford badges will match your supercharger :D

Shit sheepers if you wanted to chop the roof you should talk to my dad hes done a few in his time.

He did a nice job on his 49 Ford Merc that he had, hes going to be up at the end of the month to pick up my new car if you want him to come over and access if you want???

Squarer bodied cars are a little more difficult to do and can look like utter shite if not done properly.