Brake Pads

NewGuy

1144 is lush. think:

- glowing red discs on old fluid and good pedal.

- no real fade on taupo, still same fluid

- 30k and still half the pad left, even after two track days and millions of thrash driving

-???

- Profit

I hear mixed reports about EBC. I'd roll mintex time and time again though. You have to break them in propoerly though which means they're often hnoisy as fuck when cold, make shitloads of dust, and will give you cancer form asbestos, even though they're probably asbestos free now, they're that good

asbestos rules

I second third or fourth the mintex compound votes. I daily drove m1166 for ages and fucking loved it. The made grinding sounds when cold and unbedded but still worked at any temperature and stop amazingly always without fail. I didn't get good life out of them though, but I am a mad cunt... 5k per front pads and 20k per front rotor with rears lasting much longer. That's mostly road use, but driven much like on the track half the time...

I also thought I'd add this fine piece of art :

motivator5267867.jpg

Needless to say I have no respect for either the products or the business. I had extremely poor service (along the lines of "you need these gold plated slotted wank factor rotors or your balls will undrop and you'll grow tits" sort of fucking bullshit sales pitch aimed at ignorant pricks with overly thick wallets) from ebc in newmarket...

I got my mintex made up through BNT on trade. Racebrakes does them too, but are more expensive.

Fred.

• 3 weeks later...