Zeb's MkII

Brock-Lee

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see how it will rip the tyre putting them on eh, the front and rear are exactly the same diameter. Should be just the same as doing it normally?

Edit: omg whered mitch's post go.

Can't see how it will rip the tyre putting them on eh, the front and rear are exactly the same diameter. Should be just the same as doing it normally?

Edit: omg whered mitch's post go.

i dont know how to explain it more clearly than in my other post \/ if i get a minute i'll take some pics to explain tonight

"the back piece has a slow taper and the front has a small step with sharp taper so when you put on tyre machine the tyre goes over the small step and sits in the recess while the rest of it goes over the lip, so when you no longer have small step then you have to assemble rim around the tyre"

Was looking at mine tonight. The goo they use when using a tyre machine is for what? Sealing or lubrication?

I want to try put my tyres back on myself as the rims are seperated at the mo. Will they just pop onto the bead when I fill with air? Mine are not modded from diff rims like these.

Was looking at mine tonight. The goo they use when using a tyre machine is for what? Sealing or lubrication?

I want to try put my tyres back on myself as the rims are seperated at the mo. Will they just pop onto the bead when I fill with air? Mine are not modded from diff rims like these.

lubrication

yea lube... i would assemble the rims first so you can do a nice bead of selant on the inside, you dont NEED a tyre machine to fit a tyre, you can push one side on and use the crow bar working around the bead till it pops on, but its alot of work compared to going to a tyre shop, we used to do it back in the day :lol:

Yup went to tyre shop today after drilling holes for the valves, tried getting a bald tyre on there but no luck, it did rip it a bit. Did however get the 185/60 Yokos stripped off my Dunlop rims and now I'm assembling the wheels around them, almost needs to run skinny tyres to be able to seal them with the tyres on :lol: . Will seal them tonight after work then wait a few days for that to dry proper then I'll see how I go getting at 185 on a 9.5" rim!

This apparently is a 185/60 R14 on a 9" so yeh

918560r14yokohama278224wv7.jpg

you dont NEED a tyre machine to fit a tyre, you can push one side on and use the crow bar working around the bead till it pops on, but its alot of work compared to going to a tyre shop, we used to do it back in the day

its piss easy. i can do two tires on rims in about 5min. jus need sum soapy water too rub on the bead. next tym i do ill take a vid :)

you dont NEED a tyre machine to fit a tyre, you can push one side on and use the crow bar working around the bead till it pops on, but its alot of work compared to going to a tyre shop, we used to do it back in the day

its piss easy. i can do two tires on rims in about 5min. jus need sum soapy water too rub on the bead. next tym i do ill take a vid :)

yea i spose with a 60 series or something it would be quite easy, all the ones we did were low pro 17s and such, 20-40-17 on 7" rims etc

**NOTE** the soap was slipry haha