any sparkies want to do a home job in auckland for me.

ZedHed

If anyones a auto sparky here and wants either some panel work or a $150 worth of tattoo work let me know.

My car has a problem with the key staying on with power to the fuel pump and ignition,with the key taken out.

I know its to do with a live wire from the alternator or something similar ive been told,but ive had it up to my nuts with wiring over the last few weeks.

Ive tried a few diff alts but no change.All the wires are hooked up as they were before the rebuild so i cant see what the FUCKS! going on.

This is the last thing before I go for a wof after a 3yr build............so someone out there has to have a dent pulled,or rust fixed or some spare skin they want drilled?

For $150 youll get a good whack of work,for example,a barcode about a foot long,lol!

Seriously though,you get my car going and youll get more than just that amount of tattoo work,in colour,sumi greywash or oldschool blackwork.

My specialty is darkside/biomechanical but can do whatever you like.

From what ive been told,i need an IC alt,which I thought it already had,so apparently it needs a diode wires inline somewhere,fuck....i dunno.

Anyways,VVega,if your keen,let me know and we'll nutt something out

I know little of electrics,id rather put a hammer though something than fuck with wiring.

If anyone is keen to help me out,I sort of have to get this done in the next 3wks,as thats when the car comes off resto and goes for a WOF and REG.

Someone heres gotta have the smarts for this,I just cant get my head around it.

So im begging here,lol...........no shit....i am.

ive tried two of the alts I have,which came from zx's.id say my car is already set up for an IC alt....ya reckon i should try the other alternaters?

Its not the ignition,ive tried another with no change.

When the cars running,sometimes itll die when i pull a batt lead,sometimes it wont.

The other strange thing is when i turn it off to the lock position,itll have one spot where itll turn off,but as i go past that spot on the ignition to lock,itll try and start again...im fuckin stumped eh Ky.

Ive emailed Geordie,but havnt heard back from him in a good few months,im sure he would know,as his is the same as mine.

I might try the other alts and get back.

Ive changed nothing in the refit,all wires are connected properly and theres no copius amounts of spare parts so............im off for a homebrew!

So, either the wires are mixed up at the ignition plug or they're mixed up at the alternator or starter motor.

Hmmm, the ignition position issue where it tries to restart makes me think it's that end rather than the alternator, I would definately try the other alts on there and double check your earths and wiring to the starter motor solenoid as well. It might be as simple as one small earth lead not connected.

OK ok.....tried the 3rd alt,still no mutherfucking go!

It still runs and shit,but just cant turn ignition off at the key,i can turn the car off at the key,but ignition and pump still runs on.

Im going to pull the dash out tomorrow,this is killing me i tell ya.

I can hear relays clicking and shit when i cycle the ignition,so theyre working,to a degree i assume.

I just dont have any money to spend on sending it to a sparky,and more to the point,i dont want any cunt fucking with my car,then saying they cant sort it,like what happened to geordie,since its the same exact model,with the same engine conversion....and theres plenty of meatheads out there that think they know everything.

Id rather have someone from the datsun family or oldschool following have a look at it.

Oh well.im definately off for a beer now,and more headscratching. :|

Hi Callum.

Im not sure which wire would be the charge light on my car.

I just cant work out how this problem came about?

I mean,if it was set up for an int reg,why wouldnt it run,or stop runing more to the point?

I did have the dash out,but everything was plugged in where it came from.

After all the time in the build,to be stopped dead in my tracks,over something that most people could nail down.....is really depressing.

Ill pull the dash again tomorrow bugger it.

,i dont want any cunt fucking with my car,then saying they cant sort it,and theres plenty of meatheads out there that think they know everything.

bro thats dead on

id come help but its not looking likely ill get up anytime soon