redrilling mags

Requiemk

Argh man! Don't go chucking good money after bad. You asked for advice and everyone is giving it.

You bought the wrong wheels. Replace them.

EDIT: And if I had $50 for everytime I bought the wrong thing for the job I would be fucking rich to this.

put VL diff into back of ur datfun and VT brake conversion onto the front Edit: nah nha i reckon put kingswood front cut onto the front of skytang. im sure youd win auto salon 2009 . EASY BRO EASY. c cos then u would have the right stud pattern for ur wheels. Man if i hada dolla for everytime i was extra smart i would be comfortably wealthy

sorta what i was thinking... but i was just gona suggest some bolt on adaptors... cert guy would be far happier with them than some dodge re-drilling...

• 11 years later...

Dredging up an old thread here - but just after a bit of advice / experience with anyone thats had mags re-drilled.  I know @rivalrx had some SSR's done from 4x114 to 4x110, and I see that Pine Engineering list a few wheels on their webpage that they can re-drill, but some they cannot.

Is it basically down to each style of mag wheel?  

• Like 1

[LING]

depends on method (from my understanding of reading internets)

construction of wheel is a factor ie some they drill like a Multi Stud set eg in the 'spare space?

Look at this pic & easy to see not possible here (no meat)

94779931_1396064167265191_73258858509007

others they can plug & redrill in the same spot depending also on constructon or Material?

[/LING]

(i'm probably wrong, but happy to learn too :P

I used arrow wheels Kelston - 90% of outfits that claim to do this generally run a mile as they don’t want anything to do with it. 

114.3 to 110 I went to and Arrow were sweet and did a great job. 

it also comes down to how much meat there is to drill and the thickness etc. wheelfixit didn’t want a bar of it when I called them (as they claimed to do this for $18 per hole on their website iirc).

place in chch was down to do this but can’t remember them - was as an engineering place 

• Like 2

Elite wheels in chch used to do them, had a pair of ally mini lites drilled from 4x110 to 4x120 and then back haha.. They part filled the hole with weld an redriiled them. Did the same going back but obviously I couldn't keep changing pcds. 

They're a cunt to deal with tho, constantly making excuses as to why shit was three weeks behind etc etc. 

Not sure if they'd do that to mag wheels or not, but ally yes. 

• Like 1

@Ja1lb8 made a jig to hold rims for a large wheel importer friend of ours.

It was cheaper to buy them blank and drill them to suit, than stock every offset and hole pattern.

It was pretty rugged. (the drilling, not the fixture) and they would just go at it and it seemed to be all good.

/depends if you have enough meat

• Haha 1