Car not starting

Supercluck

Hey,

For the last couple of years on cold days my Capri has a bit of an issue starting. Timing, Fuel and Compression would appear to be ok. But i usually found a change of condensor and points fixed it. However - I have since narrowed it down to being moisture. My car has issues only on wet or damp days and an instant cure is heating the distributor area with a heatgun or hair dryer with dissy cap removed. May sound stupid but give it a go.

Had a similar problem on my last RS2, which had the group 1 44 idfs on it. I always put it down to the fact that the air box drew in clean air from the inlet side rather than warm stuff off the exhaust, which was making a big difference when it was minus 25 degrees. However, the real reason was the wire that overrides the ballast resistor to the coil - giving it a full 12 volts when cranking - had fallen off the starter. Just a push on over the threads fit. It took burning out the starter to find that out though, after a winter of carrying 2 batteries and tow starts.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the help after screwing around and really not doing anything, i got some help and now it goes. After replacing the contacts, condensor and fuel pump to find that there was a split in the fuel pump intake. So replaced the 15cm of pipe and it starts but it is not running well. On the fuel pump outlet am i meant to draw all air out of it and if so how do i do that? Can i just use a syringe (we got an avocado orchard and have oodles) and just draw/ pull the fuel out?

Thanks