durty

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Not sure on cream wheels TBH, the Prince has 'em and I'm not huge on it, doesn't really help it though with the rest of the car being Coronado Yellow (read: Beige). The Clit being blue it might work out, buuuut... I don't know. Perhaps with really super shiny chrome cap's and whitewalls. However that would go against the rest of the car being the aesthetic that it is.

Progress is good though, wish I could say the same. Slow going in these parts.

yeah I feel horrific when i see sme people's progress reports. they move really quickly. but i guess at least i get stuff done :D

mate you need to get something going. christ. stop buying moe cars!!

also don't dig 'walls on these. only way i could o it is by painting anyway. remember, 400mm rims, not 15s or 16s :wink:

yeah I feel horrific when i see sme people's progress reports. they move really quickly. but i guess at least i get stuff done :D

mate you need to get something going. christ. stop buying moe cars!!

also don't dig 'walls on these. only way i could o it is by painting anyway. remember, 400mm rims, not 15s or 16s :wink:

coker tyres

Are you saying there's something wrong with owning 4 cars, 3 of which are off the road and the newest was manufactured in 1974?

I would almost agree were I not the hoarding idiot I am.

Start of next year the MAX should be legal as long as the WoF man doesn't get all anal on it. It's Running now so that's the most tragic part sorted. A deal has been made for engines that the C110 will use, then there's sorting another 5-spd for it or replacing some bearings in my one as well as all the metal work, I would hope the majority of which will be sored by mid next year too. Which will only leave the Prince. Win?

have a 1920's road users manual which goes in depth on how to wash a car with paraffin

Chapter XVI

Painting the car at home

To renovate the old car is not the difficult task that most folks imagine. It is not possible, of course to give it that wonderful finish which the professional painter is able to do, but it is possible to improve it almost beyond recognition. Few things reduce a car's value more than shabby paintwork, and it is no exaggeration to say that a car's value can be increased by 25percent. by painting it at home.

The first stage

The first stage of the renovating process is the worst, but it is soon over. I refer to the necessity of cleaning every square inch of the body, chassis, axles and wheels. When you do this you will be surprised to find how many parts you have never cleaned before, no matter how well you have done the work in the past.

Wash the car all over with water containing just a trace of paraffin oil, using neat paraffin for the more inaccessible places. It pays to buy one or two cheap brushes for this purpose. Every atom of dirt must be removed.

When the car is clean and dry, the real work of painting may be begun. But the new colour should not be added to the surface of the old, since this will be glossy in places and dull in others. The whole surface must be equal in this respect, and it should be dull. So set to work with a many times folded flannel, with pumice stone powder and water, to rub off all the old varnish. Do this with a circular motion, a bit at a time.

..... etc,

• 9 years later...