RB30VB's commy

Brock-Lee

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

holy shitt been sitting in the project gallery waiting for replies finally rememberd your supposed to comment in here, imagine my surprise when i see 2 pages! of comments :D

thanks for the comments guys absolutley mint :D

yer the Opel is teh Dopesstt iv ever seen

i like that idea

wheels arent staying forever just more concerned with getting it back on the road,

plans are

adjustable suspension, found out Stocks in the hutt supply an adjustable set up for these same thing they install in the V8 supercars that use the macphearson strut

simmons 5 spokes with super dooper dish (could be convinced to do something else as simmons are expensive and super common on Ausy commys)

twincam head with big turbo setup

everything else is not really decided at this stage,

once again thanks for the comments guys loovin it haha :D

also this forum is great looving it most of my mates are nissan drift boys so my car doesnt appeal to them nice to have somewhere to go talk about it :D

oh yer conversion is simple once you get off your ass and do it

i wasnt gunna say anything at first cos im looking forward to having a unique-ish conversion :) havent really heard of people in NZ doing this conversion yet

VL Holden parts required:

motor

gearbox

driveshaft

whole rear end (solid end diff)

front subframe

steering column and rack

fuel tank

fuel pump

once you have these parts you swap them over and they all bolt in the same place perfectly

front subframe is NECESSARY as engine mount positions have a 50 mm difference

the only thing that requires modification is the gear box crossmember as the VL body changes slightly under there

basically cut the bracket off the VL cross member and weld to VB Xmember

oh and ill have to drill a hole for the wiring loom to enter the cabin

simmons are sweet, but have a look around at some other wheel manufacturers.

http://www.arrowwheels.co.nz/wheels/

^there are a few sweet designs in there. Simmons have been done to hell.

Edit: yeah I seriously looked at doin the conversion in a vc wagon about 6 mnths ago, all the articles on the internet said it was strait swap except from the box but there are heaps of supposidly "bolt in" conversions floating round the place that take a heap of fab work.

its definitely all bolt in except gearbox x member

i know it cos iv done it :)

but dont do it :wink: cos its my uniqueness, my baby :lol: haha just kidding i aint gon stop ya

also dont worry it aint going matt black i hate that shit

it may look good wet but thats the only time f***** dirty crap matte black

**edit no offense to other people running matte black,, its just a personal thing

i like to polish the crap out of my cars and matte blacks too bloody hard to make look clean in the sun

its just not for me

here i fixed it up a bit sized wheels a bit better and used original tires from photo as more realistic and that way i know wheels are scaled to 15"

red tints? red paint more along the lines of what people have suggested

not to sure about the gold wheels with red paint thoughts?

ollskooll-1.jpg

Gold centres are shit in 90% of cases

Gunmetal/Anthracite

But sometimes they are just what the car needs, and Gold centres with Red paint is a good match.

only if he paints the bottom half green, christmas tree stz

i hardout like that pic with the red tints, gunmetal centres and i would say it would be WIN

i even think the red tints work

• Like 1

That photoshop looks ok but the wheels are too big. Also leave the door handles on, leave the top red (or at least not black/grey/etc) and dont tint it. Otherwise looks good 8)

We can't tell him how to do EVERYTHING. :lol: Think the persuasion's working well though, I have great hopes for this car now.

haha na its good i like getting your opinions because iv only just recently become an oldschool fan

since iwas like 13 iv been an Initial D nutter and a big drift fan and basically my idea of the perfect car was an s13 in standard eggshell green low as fuck with standard body kit

bought the commy in november 06 cos it was shiny and the old mans been into oldschool and commodores for years

but other than that i dont have much experience with them so i need good ideas like this i never would have thought of putting dirty old 15x10s on it

(id thought about 19"s :oops: )

but now that iv looked at these pics and checked out that site i think im getting closer to how i really want it to look :D

honestly thanks guys its good to be able to talk to other oldschool enthusiasts and see the trends :D

I reckon the gold rims would look better with the red if the bottom half of teh car was a dark colour, e.g. black.

in the same manner I don't think gunmetal rims work with the silver either.

otherwise I'm liking it. Not many VBs left in good condition that haven't already been 'stupidly boganed' out, and even the engine conversion is a refreshing choice.