Truenotch's BEAMS AE86 racecar discussion

Truenotch

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a test day at Manfield this Friday I think. My stable mate is taking his Anglia.

Man UJ I'm SO glad your stable buddy was there! Dont tell anyone why though!

Lawls... :D Your secret is safe with me - yeah right.

It sounds like your car went very well indeed. 3 or so seconds a lap quicker that I could get around there in the Cortina. Excellent!! Just remember - slow in, fast out applies to driving onto trailers too :badgrin:

.Not going to do m&T day man,
Good call IMHO. I wouldn't want to be on the track with the type of driving/driver I imagine would be attracted to such an event. I could be completely wrong of course but you would be bound to end up with flat spots on the front tyres from trying to avoid spinning Supras

.Not going to do m&T day man,
Good call IMHO. I wouldn't want to be on the track with the type of driving/driver I imagine would be attracted to such an event. I could be completely wrong of course but you would be bound to end up with flat spots on the front tyres from trying to avoid spinning Supras

hairpin20crash20croppedfw8.jpg

I'd scared if I was a good driver on a track full of drivers like me too :lol:

I am certain you behave perfectly on the track. My point got a bit lost sorry - I didn't make it clearly. Truenotch needs to develop the race car and get familiar with it. That is hard to do around twenty or so guys just out there having fun as you never know where they are going to go or when they are going to spin so you can not commit to a corner in the same was as you can with a bunch of guys in similar speed race cars. Aidan (with the Anglia) has come to the same conclusion so he is going to sit out the Mag and Turbo session and be back for more development on the 18th July.

I may well attend too (as the grumpy advising engineer - not a driver).

:D

You ought to come up and watch the M&T day... you can grumpily advise etc, hopefully I'll (unofficially of course) break out of the 1:30's and do something high 1:20ish.

Which of course, is about 4 years slower than the mean contraption this thread is all about :D