Truenotch's BEAMS AE86 racecar discussion

Truenotch

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I've gotta come for a mish down to yours and try on some of your wheels and see if any clear my calipers.

In other news, giz some pictures of your diff setup / where the trailing arms connect to the body etc?

Does your diff have adjustable positions for mounting the 4 links?

Sounds like a plan to me. If you do it soon you'll have the option of trying 15x8 -0 offset Superlights, 15x8.5 -0 Simmons, 15x9 -13 Simmons and 15x9 -0 fake TE37's :P

I'll get some pics of the 4 link setup later. The lower body mounts are factory and the top ones are fabricated boxes. As for adjustable positions, it's only got two choices for each arm and I never change them anyway. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Haha, West Auckland fungus! Closest this car's been is Pukekohe, but I guess it could have caught it from there? :P;)

Yip, the floating rear is all custom made stuff that was done in the early 90's. It's stood up pretty well! The only annoying thing is that they used imperial bits, so I had to use a worn down 5mm allen key to undo the 3/16" cap screw in the locking collar. 

Thanks Kicker, I think I'll get some JB weld and will apply elbow degreaser to see if that'll fix my issue. 

• Like 1

clean it up with petrol and use the toyota packing sealant that they use on the sumps to blocks ,just make sure the inside is real clean and smear it all around until dry ,this will stop the leaks,or take it out and get it sealed up with more weld  

Just an observation - you say the one set of seals takes more of a hammering than the other? Could this have anything to do with the direction of the tracks you race on placing more load on one set of seals than the opposite side?