Truenotch's BEAMS AE86 racecar discussion

Truenotch

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot more in it too. My discs are warped and it was getting bad knock off before big braking points, plus a decent jiggle. It needs brake ducting and I suspect that both master cylinders could do with re-kitting, then I'll replace all the rose joints and the rear shocks so it should handle even better. 

So many cool/lol things in that video, even though I only watched 5 minutes of it. Will watch it in depth tomorrow. That Corolla did a typically fail ST start, full of wheel spin and white smoke. And that RX7's overtake was hilarious. Pull back in to a tight line right after passing someone on the outside. Well done. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Wink wink, nudge nudge... I should be all set to race at Taupo this weekend. Come watch if you're in town :P

It's got new rose joints in the front, new clutch bits, new release bearing, 2 piece driveshaft, an extra muffler, new wheel bearings, new brake pads... and the LF castor arm bracket has an extra two bolts that had gone missing (god knows how long ago... my suspicion is a year or two since my steering first went gay under brakes). Should feel like a brand new car! 

Muffler: 

2014-04-15210704.jpg

Video:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=687021324670414&set=vb.100000876576803&type=2

Discussion: 

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/23638-robin-the-race-car-red-ae86/page-34?hl=ae86

• Like 2

• 6 months later...