Truenotch's BEAMS AE86 racecar discussion

Truenotch

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Daaamn! I've only ever seen your car in tiny avatar pics, so it's cool to see bigger photos. I reckon the colour is pretty similar to what I've gone with. 

Love the interior pics too. There's something magic about a zenki GT Apex interior. 

I got mine almost exactly 14 years ago. It's crazy to think it's been that long eh?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Truenotch said:

Daaamn! I've only ever seen your car in tiny avatar pics, so it's cool to see bigger photos. I reckon the colour is pretty similar to what I've gone with. 

Love the interior pics too. There's something magic about a zenki GT Apex interior. 

I got mine almost exactly 14 years ago. It's crazy to think it's been that long eh?

Yeah I loved the interior, the seats had all kinds of adjustment too.

Also the digital dash worked perfectly, was kind of funny having the fuel gauge measured in thick bars. Not super accurate...

Pretty sure the digital speedo didn't read any higher than 180kph too haha. 

Anyway, that's enough of my old car haha. Yours is really what I wanted mine to look like, especially the front bumper. N/A power is really what these car's should have, the supercharger was fun but a screaming NA is just better.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ~Slideways~ said:

Anyway, that's enough of my old car haha. Yours is really what I wanted mine to look like, especially the front bumper. N/A power is really what these car's should have, the supercharger was fun but a screaming NA is just better.

Thanks, I'm flattered :) . And I agree on the NA screamer front - it's so hard to resist the power of a turbo, but the doorts make it all worth it!

• Like 1

On 28/08/2022 at 13:52, ~Slideways~ said:

Also the digital dash worked perfectly, was kind of funny having the fuel gauge measured in thick bars. Not super accurate...

Does the fuel gauge change scale when it gets low on these? 
I had Digi dash on the Z10 soarer, and once you got to below about 1/4 of a tank, from memory the bar went back to full (or something like that to show you more detail of low tank) 
I was driving it once with 1 bar left, and figured "there's always a bit more in the tank" 
When the last bar disappeared, the car conked out almost immediately haha. 

What's the plan with the new motor(s) @Truenotch? Planning to get one in the hole before the coming season? Or just whenever they're ready. 

3 hours ago, Roman said:

Does the fuel gauge change scale when it gets low on these? 
I had Digi dash on the Z10 soarer, and once you got to below about 1/4 of a tank, from memory the bar went back to full (or something like that to show you more detail of low tank) 
I was driving it once with 1 bar left, and figured "there's always a bit more in the tank" 
When the last bar disappeared, the car conked out almost immediately haha. 

What's the plan with the new motor(s) @Truenotch? Planning to get one in the hole before the coming season? Or just whenever they're ready. 

That's interesting! I don't have any memory of it doing that so it probably didn't, it was a 1983 model so pretty early digital stuff I guess. 

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, Vintage Grumble said:

Are the rims on spacers or is that all rim?

It's looking angry eh! 

The fronts are running a 13mm spacer at the moment and the rears have a 25mm bolt on spacer and an extra 13mm slip on for now until I can find a better way to space the rears (don't tell MSNZ). So the rears are currently 15x9 -38 :lol:. If I run the same setup with the Simmons, it works out to -51 offset. You can fit these in standard-ish arches with a 205 tyre and no spacers. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...