• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
22 hours ago, anglia4 said:

We did even less fancy ducting to that on the carpi and it made a chalk and cheese difference to water temperatures. That looks proper racecar mint 

Nice, I'm keen to see how this goes. I got turbo lazy and just duct taped it together for now (I'm pretty time poor at the mo). Might fold and rivet some corner pieces this week to make sure it holds together, although it feels super strong. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw your video 

Please go and check your seat mounting, your seat is moving around way to much for my liking

Here's a recent example where a seat mounting broke, note that it was a low speed crash in the scheme of things and the belts could probably have been a little tighter...

You can see the seat moving around prior, but a lot less then yours...

https://www.facebook.com/sambushellmotorsport/posts/1987233984751634

Ended up with damaged ribs.

4 hours ago, Hyperblade said:

Please go and check your seat mounting, your seat is moving around way to much for my liking

New seat mounts are on my to do list already. It's solidly mounted to 50x3mm strap that's welded to the floor, but either the floor, mounts or the seat itself must be getting a bit of flex. It's pretty tiring to drive, so a more solid mount will likely take some of that load off too. 

I've definitely got a few jobs to do before the next outing though....... 

2026558870_202104-ManfeildMitre10SummerSeries-EC36822000.thumb.jpg.d487326b1fd3930b841f347a45f54295.jpg

• Sad 7

5 hours ago, Truenotch said:

New seat mounts are on my to do list already. It's solidly mounted to 50x3mm strap that's welded to the floor, but either the floor, mounts or the seat itself must be getting a bit of flex. It's pretty tiring to drive, so a more solid mount will likely take some of that load off too. 

I've definitely got a few jobs to do before the next outing though....... 

2026558870_202104-ManfeildMitre10SummerSeries-EC36822000.thumb.jpg.d487326b1fd3930b841f347a45f54295.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, xsspeed said:

Whats the deets on new engine?

Also whats the go with the other 86

I've bought an ex Lynn Rogers NZ Touring Car engine that was for Barrie Thomlinson's Altezza back in 2001/2002. It was built to a strict set of rules, so has limited lift on the cams, no VVTi and standard compression. The cams are fairly long duration and it has double valve springs, H beam rods and a few other good bits. I'm going to get the VVTi working again and install my high comp pistons, throw some new seals and bearings at it and see what it does. 

The cars went to Bathurst back in the early 00's, so it's possible that this engine went there as a spare. It came in a shipping cradle and has BT4 stamped on the block and head (Barrie Thomlinson's #4 engine). 

image.png.bc5a4a65c8e8d03c804cfb90f33a0580.png

The other 86 is @Mitch.W's notchback. It's come a fair way since his last project update. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Vintage Grumble said:

Also, good to see crazy Neil's car in the retro pics. That thing hasn't moved in 7+ years now, RIP.

I think that photo is from the 03/04 season of SS2000. Would be nice to see that car hit the track again! It might even comply with the Historic Touring Car rules?