Truenotch's BEAMS AE86 racecar discussion

Truenotch

That's a good theory, but the bad side (RH) is actually the least loaded on most north island tracks. 

Yeah, was thinking about that afterwards - Pukekohe, Hampton Downs and Manfield are all clockwise tracks. It would only be Taupo that could pose a potential problem. Years ago a car I used to co-drive in had a diff with fully floating axles which had twin taper roller bearings on each axle - it could still generate enough movement through the axles to generate bad pad knock.

Hope you sort your problem

• Like 1

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha Ha. Yep - nothing like the pilot of the BDA rallycar youre sharing telling you that the brake pedal doesnt feel quite right...

Im sure you'd know if you were getting any pad knock. Your mechanical aptitude and standard of preperation would seem to indicate that youre well ahead of the game :-)

Yeah, it turns into a squat monster! I did it when I first lowered it and at was amazing in the rain, but was pushy and lazy in the dry. I guess it might work better with a higher spring rate, but I'm fairly happy with the rear geometry as it is.

• Like 1

record some launches roman,   if the ass of the car drops. can try  dial in some anti squat  by dropping the links at diff end.   will have to do some testing, too see how it effects handling though

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

You're plastic welding all of that, yeah? Sooooooo, cut the inner and bottom brake duct intake corners out, enlarge the hole and re-weld the corners into the newer place which will leave only minor straight edges to run between the newly located corners. More brake coooooling, brah. Full underbody tray next, canyards up front and diffuser in the rear.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...