MACKAZs XJ650 (gone) and XS850 (still got) Yamaha Bikes

MACKAZ

Am i missing something with that manifold, cos I just cant see it working well at all

This is no different (Hemi 265 )

o6bvae.jpg

neither is this (2v 250 falcon)

2lwxdmo.jpg

or this (225 Plymouth slant6)

2ihscbc.jpg

or this (300 Ford d series truck)

15xvkuw.jpg

NONE OF THESE HAVE EXACT LENGTH RUNNERS!!!!!!!

I dare say that when I go to fire her up this weekend I will know for sure. I have zero doubt in this setup. It will work, Ive botched shit like this together a buttload of times.

was not so much meaning the intake runner length as the fact the two outer runners come off at a 90 degree, offering no real flow and sending most of the fuel straight into middle cylinder therefor leaning out the other two? could be thinking to much into it but at first glance thats how it appears

• 5 weeks later...

Fresh gas, fresh plugs, and a freshly charged battery, wound over twice and fired up, has a little flat spot in the midrange rev scale, I think a bit of fluffing around with jetting should suss it. Cannot road test as 1 no brakes 2 tyres do not hold air 3 cbf, need to sort a short circuit somewhere in the loom, but yeah getting the old bitch going for first time in 10 years is most gratifying.

• 11 years later...

Dredging up a thread that was last updated 2010. Gotta be some sort of record. 

So XJ650 is long sold. 

XS850 is currently in storage unit beside the Ratrod. 

Waiting for house to sell and get into new place. 

Have got onto a lead for 750/850 parts in Rotorua and another guy in Christchurch. 

I'll put up some pics once in new enviroment

• Like 1

Just to add a pic this is what a 1980 XS850 standard looks like. This is not my bike, but in 1994 this is very close to what it looked like

Screenshot_20210801_170020.jpg.bb079a409ed00d219598c447fc7b5145.jpg

825cc, 3 cylinder dohc shaft drive. I now have an original seat, mine is stock standard apart from replacement mufflers and carb setup. I am looking at going back to the 3 carbs, if I can find someone to sell me some. 

• Like 4