Flawles' Widebody kp toyota starlet race car

FLAWLES

i have been looking to buy this car for two yrs

when i 1st looked at it he wanted moom beams for it

1 yr later wants nothing for it

so yip i brought it ( sorting out the finner points this week )

pretty simple car realy

to mine and mikes knowledge this is the sister car to mikes ke25

has a 86 diff thats been changed ( so we beleave )

jazz racing fuel cell

two x race seats

roll cage

wide body

other things that im yet to find out

so i will be buliding this up over the next yr and a bit to compete in some race classes ( its going to be a dedicated track car )

dsc01439qi3.jpg

dsc01439qi3.ad54340c06.jpg

dsc01440um3.jpg

dsc01440um3.182ee7f675.jpg

dsc01441qc5.jpg

dsc01441qc5.ccaf88b9f1.jpg

dsc01442ic0.jpg

dsc01442ic0.34da614882.jpg

Discussion http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14276

• 2 weeks later...

some better pics

dsc01456fd2.jpg

dsc01456fd2.69955060a3.jpg

dsc01457ut9.jpg

dsc01457ut9.dff3195090.jpg

wide aye?

dsc01458if9.jpg

dsc01458if9.52a8c5afd0.jpg

brought some new rims + slicks and two blue top 4ages to bulid into one trick race engine and one running one ( yet to pic up ) just to slap in and work out all the bugs

68299917_full.jpg

me mike-e and Huntd pulled the old 2t out cleaned everything and ready for the brakes and suspension over haul

am also watch how Snoozin's front sturts work out and my do the same

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

scored a mint small port 4age of mate turenotch in palmey

brought some 4age to k series engine mounts

done some more rust work

scored some ae86 equal flow headers and wiring loom

ripped the small port apart to get head skimed, and tidyed up

will slap a TRD metal head gasket in and will stick with some big port cams, that and i will cut and shut the FF manifold too worry about the 20v qwads latter on

and will be on axle stands with in the next week so i can rip all the old suspension out and replace the lot

slowy getting there

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14276

• 3 weeks later...

mint got my 16v head back from being hared tested and skimed

that came all fine and dandy

so the engines all ready to be put back together

still having heaps of trouble finding a A to T series bell housing, maybe im being cheap and dont want to fork out heaps for one i dont know

will also be running kyb shocks on all for corners

also if anyone on these fourms reads this thread and has a starlet thats rusting somewere in your back yard

I NEED YOUR FRONT TO REAR BRAKE LINES

disscuss

whiped the front struts out at lunch, and test fitted the front discs, fitts so mint dont need longer studs

happy

and to top it all off

since were doing nothing at work one of the guys is making me some cailper mounts to fit the P10 nissan primera calipers

fuckn sweet

just need the rear ones to show up and one less thing to do

next bell housing purshase mang i cant beleave im holding off buying one of these

argh

shot my self in the foot

with the front brakes

basicly the go is this

disc's fit mint

calipers basicly need a stepped mounting bracket that will have to be milled out to have a step in the bracket

will cost alot :?

fuck

so doing some more homework

and what i may and up doing is buying new 226mm disc's that D-senpi had and try some sw20 front calipers which some pple on club -k seam to think will fit.........................

fuck what a day

THESE BRAKES ARE CAUSING ALOT OF HASSLES :evil:

yip

done some more homework

D is 100% correct going to need longer wheel studs

thanks to that link that D posted i have to get 8 x hilux wheel studs ( part number 90942-02049 )

about $8.00 each ex toyota

so i have those coming

also since im on the whole brake buzz i though...............fuck lets do it right first time

so i have coming a willwood brake bias valve coming

not a bad price either i thought $150

now im just waiting for a dude of club k to get back to me about these plates

also proving a massive task to find sw20 brakes for a half decent price..... so im opting for ae101/111 twin pots off a superstrut model, seam to be able to get them for about $80 a pair

• 2 weeks later...

MEAN

SCORED SOME AE111 BZG REAR CAlipers for $35 bolt on fit, 142mm center to center ( same as t series diff brackets )

donna ordered me some longer studs and new u13 disc's will order front caliper brackets tomorrow

may have to move the car to somewere due to me getting made redundent, still unknowin at his tage tho

wanna try and get the brake lines made asap before the workshop close's its doors for the last time

have bell housing coming too

had a major win today

ae111 rear brakes showed up

and they bolt straight up, have to cut a mount off to be able to run with the std t series disc

very very happy

the dude who is making the front mounts for me rang me today and we chatted about starlets and how sweet they where

down side is they wont be here till next week now :oops: sad meh have heaps to carry on with

told me one very very very good master cyl upgrade tho in our chats

comes off a s14 non abs silvia or skyline ( didnt say what vintage ) they bolt straight up to the kp booster and the rad thing about them is they have a big knob on the side that you can adjust the brake bais

how sweet

also

work mate just gave me sw20 turbo brakes ( twin pots ) with metal king pads in them, they are the same bolt spacings as ae101/111 so they should be sweet

fuckn mean

• 2 weeks later...

i think im being mr negitive here and hating this car more and more

got my new brake brackets today got my hopes up way way to much

went down to dummy fit everything and nothing would fit, i was wondering why this would be....................did i get ripped off and the dude just send me $120 worth of random steel brackets?

no

not at all

what the go is is this

the front struts in this car are NOT KP ANYTHING, but are in fact ke70 struts and lower arms and stearing rack.............nice you may say? nah not when it comes to re-enventing the braking wheel thing

so i have had anough of this and whipping everything thing out tonight or tomorrow

im then taking the struts/disc's and calipers down to an engineer shop that does a shit load of work for me/work and he can just make something, cause this is now just beyond the joke with peacing this together

by far the worest project i have ever atemped to do

and im un happy

DISCUSS IF YOU WANT TO