steelies' 64 ford wagoon

pies

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fuck choice. hayholes coming round tonight we're gona weld the diff mounts up and see how it sits on the coilovers... maiden weight-bearing test for the rear! you can help us jump on it till the windows fall out

it's ok theyre all fucked from grinder sparks on the inside, me stupid

hey i like how you're running coilovers and hydros, and have some questions about your setup:

why are there four cylinders on the back? wouldn't it work fine with just the lower two?

has the suspension design been lvvta tac approved?

are you going to four link it?

cheers

nick

Hi nick,

rear -the top cylinders are the only cylinders, the lower ones are just arms with rod ends in them for adjustment.

- no official approval, wouldn't be surprised if i get denied. i'm sure there are multiple engineers on this site that can see issues.

- will four link one day. may need to for cert

• 2 weeks later...

other than being a boaty 60's ford it rides really well. keen for a sway bar upgrade. having another 80mm travel before bump stops up front and plenty at the rear is just luxury. flying over bumps and dips at highway speed/80kph is awesome. those spax coilovers are a tad haggard (dont ask about what i did to the right front one ahem) but still make it a far better ride than it's ever been.

the real test will be running it for a decent while then whipping the frame out of the rear and seeing whats changed shape. if anything it'll be pulling the rear frame rails together, heard some interesting noises when it held istelf up for the first time! windows didnt fall out on the trip to wagnats so meh