steelies' 64 ford wagoon

pies

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive got pinion wedges in between the diff and leave to fix that problem. Think its 6 degrees from memory.

I am using a bigger diameter tailshaft though when i did the V8 conversion.

I better fix the tunnel soon. It kinda defeats the point of having a ute that cant carry much weight lol. Having said that the air shocks pumped up fully do help

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

space shocks up so they don't bottom out before hitting your cut down bumpstops.

short shocks are readily available though, think they're the same right through the X* falcons.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/other-accessories/auction-1121905787.htm

you can run those without spacers.

i had the front springs compressed yonks ago. they got pretty soft after that, would almost rather cut springs.

you can also section the bump stop mounts to gain some travel, till the radius rod (?) almost touches the frame rail... this may or may not have happened in my wag. the short shocks still seem to be ok with that low a bump stop, without the need for spacers.

new/fat swaybar was a great investment, highly recommended.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/ford/suspension/auction-1123863618.htm

^wrong model swaybar but i got my shocks and swaybar from that company, onautos. good service. have a look, they also do bump stops, spring cups and all the bushes etc, and loads of stuff not listed, just send em an email.

no shelby drop, my thought was by the time you've got enough slam with spring choice the upper arm angle would be super wacky if the mounts were any lower.

• 2 years later...

Nah zero cosmetic work going on here, other than possibly matching the chooched chrome with a chooched chrome air cleaner wagnats prize from a couple years ago. 

Was wondering about wrapping the headers, anyone got opinions on this? 

Heh yeh that shanty town setup grew on its own lol. Come to wagnats @oldrx7

1 hour ago, Steelies said:

Heh yeh that shanty town setup grew on its own lol. Come to wagnats @oldrx7

organic evolving shanty town lol!

Yeh I'd love to, probably need to sort some priorities - asking for days away from a young kid is tough for the Mrs, and it's on the same weekend as re-union.  although could potentially try and get down there for the 6-8th ... 

• Like 1