Abarth's 130TC Fiat

Unclejake

What was the impact that damaged said carb?

[XSRPM] (probably was the fastest 130TC in the southern hemisphere) causing the end of targa 2008 by going into a tree at high speed in the pouring rain after passing joe mcandrews gtr I think. Driver and co driver were quite badly injured and car written off :(

targa got called off due to the weather after that stage

They were running right up the pointy end of classic, I think they still came 9th or something in even though they didnt finish the last stage

had to put a regrind in it eh? I know crofty does not like them at all - but he does sell his own so :?

what rpm limit are you putting on it? still got std valvesprings?

did you manage to get the LSD from XSRPM as well?

Yeah I wanted it all to be billet but they didnt have them with the drive on the end for the spark. However XSRPM's cams were regrinds and they have survied ok.

I think I will get an 7500 - 8000rpm limiter. Yeah standard double valve springs which were tested by Dwight while the head was done. He said they were fine.

What was the impact that damaged said carb?

Tom pretty much summed it up, I am amazed that only one got a small hit considering they sit right at the front of the engine bay. He hit tree which was about 2 or 3 metres in diameter pretty much head on at 130kph. Before I could remove the carbs from Staceys car I had to use a hacksaw to cut away some of the bodywork that was smashed up against them.

The funny thing was LTSA were using that area to film an advertisement the 'drivings in the blood' commercial the next day. Its that great big tree at the end of the ad. Apparently they had to sweep all the glass and paint the tree brown to replace the bark that got embedded in XSRPM.

But yeah XSRPM was probably one of the fastest Stradas around. Anyone who had gone for a ride in it can back that claim.

edit: Hmm yes I would like the LSD. However Staceys already got a Punto GT in the works which that LSD was orginally for. Only the crown wheel was custom made to fit the Stradas box, I would have to buy another LSD and put the crown wheel on. So not sure whats happening with it at the moment.

That looks a mint engine there, will you be getting it dynoed? be interested in the results if you are...

Yeah cant wait to get it on the Dyno, this engine has been in the works for over a year now. Hopefully by next weekend it will be in the car running in. Im after about 170hp but depends how shit/awsome those 48's are going to be.

Fuck I love Fiats.

Yep, thats my problem too.

I guess the biggest problem will be getting air to flow fast enough through 48's - just means you will need to rev the nuts off it :lol:

170 at the wheels? that will be fun, although torque steer might be an issue....

I look forward to further updates.

• 1 month later...

edit: Hmm yes I would like the LSD. However Staceys already got a Punto GT in the works which that LSD was orginally for. Only the crown wheel was custom made to fit the Stradas box, I would have to buy another LSD and put the crown wheel on. So not sure whats happening with it at the moment.

Ray has a Quaife diff too for his 130TC. He would probably be very interested in that crownwheel I would think.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...