Abarth's 130TC Fiat

Unclejake

For some strange reason I have always liked these cars and your one is turning into a stunner.

I don't think I have ever seen a project thread with as many different wheels on the one car before though :D

Neat car. Well done.

The scorpion with the sting in the front!

I love these... been a fan since I saw a blue one with the plate OBNOXS (or similar) cleaning up various modern Jap things at either an Intermarque Sprint or a Clubsport/Open Day at Manfeild. Go like the clappers by the looks. And that sublime Fiat twink sound. Yum.

Also followed one in Ronny recently through the Rangitikei part of SH1, we both stopped at Waiouru... he cleaned me up, I wasn't keen on doing the license losing speeds... :badgrin: ( <<< sexychevettes favourite little fella)

Cheers guys,

maybe I should have mentioned that those pictures are going though a couple of years, however I still have all those wheels. :rolleyes:

All going to plan I will have a WOF by Thursday and will be racing at the track day on Monday.

Yeah I rolled up so late to that track day, good though as I almost had the whole track to myself.

Just finished pulling apart and swapping the broken C.V joint, should be good to go tomorrow.

Whats your guys thoughts on the Buddyclubs? Yeah/na? I am thinking of painting them white for track day wheels.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I love these... been a fan since I saw a blue one with the plate OBNOXS (or similar) cleaning up various modern Jap things at either an Intermarque Sprint or a Clubsport/Open Day at Manfeild. Go like the clappers by the looks. And that sublime Fiat twink sound. Yum.

OBNOXS is 16V now :twisted:

file.php?id=2572

The car is in Bulls, in a shed going nowhere most of the time :(Not sure if it has rear coil overs but I think so. I know it had front coil overs at least.

It last raced with a very "standard" engine, just bolted together with 105 pistons, 105 head from a used 105 motor and 45 carbs

I picked up some engine blocks for the 16V build about 12 months ago but they have just sat in the garage ever since. Blair is going to put the engine together, we were trying to decided on what block to use though, Croma turbo or VX. We decided to go with the VX block as it would be less of a headache and more of a bolt in. The VX block is a NOS complete shortblock too so it only needs the pistons swapped. Pity, it would have been put to better use in a RWD forced induction setup.

There is a mocked up engine in the car. Custom headers and inlet manifold have been made. Its getting EFI and quad throttle bodies. The engine internals will be standard to start with. It really just needs the engine put together, fitted and tuned.

Ray bought a Quaife diff for it too but we cant figure out how to fit it yet, its for a Tipo gearbox. I noticed Stacey bought one too, maybe he will figure it out and save us the trouble.

I think I saw pictures of it with the rear wheel arches cut up, cant be to many blue ones left.

Quad throttles? From a blacktop 20v? I am reconsidering this option as I think the 48 webers sitting under my house will be to rough for running around town in.

Sounds good though, tell him to make a build thread on here or turbo124. There are all these tucked away projects, some have good fiat knowledge too. Apparently there is this guy down south with a 131 running a NA 8v at over 200hp!

Stacey was talking about an LSD, he was looking at Honda ones last time. I saw a Quaife LSD on his bench but apparently it was for Chris Punto GT. But yeah I am sure he will figure it out.

Yeah I just missed out on the short block :? - all good though I got enough other bits anyways. Stacey has put the I think tipo? type LSD into the 130TC box, we were talking about it on sunday. ended up having to do a bunch of machining to the various parts to get them to fit together but I can't remember more than that.

8v over 200hp? hmmm I dunno.

Yeah 200+hp it can be done but very expensive, cant remember the guys name but Stacey was telling me the guy was getting it with just an 8v. We were talking about how secretive some of those old fiat guys are and how they usually down play how much hp they really have.

I think it is a shame they don't join forums to share there knowledge as there aren't that many sweet old school fiats about.

But choice if hes got that LSD sorted! Anyone who has driven a 130 knows that traction is a problem with the torque they put out.

Snoozin do it! That was a really nice Alfa you had btw.

I think I saw pictures of it with the rear wheel arches cut up, cant be to many blue ones left.

Quad throttles? From a blacktop 20v? I am reconsidering this option as I think the 48 webers sitting under my house will be to rough for running around town in.

Sounds good though, tell him to make a build thread on here or turbo124. There are all these tucked away projects, some have good fiat knowledge too. Apparently there is this guy down south with a 131 running a NA 8v at over 200hp!

Stacey was talking about an LSD, he was looking at Honda ones last time. I saw a Quaife LSD on his bench but apparently it was for Chris Punto GT. But yeah I am sure he will figure it out.

Aftermarket throttle bodies + LINK ecu. It was originally red too. Non of them were that shade of blue.

The Quaife Tipo diff fits in the gearbox fine, it just does not fit the crown wheel. I wonder what Stacey did.

Aftermarket throttle bodies + LINK ecu. It was originally red too. Non of them were that shade of blue.

The Quaife Tipo diff fits in the gearbox fine, it just does not fit the crown wheel. I wonder what Stacey did.

machined the crownwheel and the diff and some kind of sandwhich ring or something like that to bolt it all together I think.

• 6 months later...