ColdTurkeys 240C wagon

pies

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stoked to see this thread up and running again.

Cream interior w/ brown carpet is sexay.

EDIT: That parts car of yours, does it have the orange reflectors on the rear guards? I really need some for my car! I've just got the crappy black blanking plastic things haha

I have heard of machining a spacer between the lower balljoint and the lower arm/wishbone. I'm tempted to give that a crack. But I'm also going to raise my car a fraction (both front and rear) because it isn't all that practical how it is haha. On the front mine has 290mm between the centre of the hub and the wheel arch. You won't get that with the unmodified standard bumpstop in place.

Would also be really keen on getting some plastic B-pillar trims off that parts car if they are in good condition.

Its exactly the same problem I had when I got it really low first up - I had the top of the 195-50-15's almost in line with the top of the wheel arch in the front and when you hit anything more than a casual undulation and the arm would smash into the chassis.

Roads around Wellington are shit-house with all the sunken manhole covers and trenches dug across the road and not filled properly.

It would bend the car in half in a couple of months if I left it..

Stock height with low pro tyres and 15" wheels..

image016uf9.jpg

First lowering job - chopped standard springs..

p1110688jk2.jpg

I have forgot the exact details and pictures cant seem to be found but changing the mounting of the ball joint from underneath to ontop of its chassis location gives you a drop spindle type effect.

I did it to 3 of my cedrics all without any issues although it needs to accompany good shocks or uprated springs to reduce all the suspension travel

Edit: lower ball joint. memory fading with old age haha. picture shows original location and if mounted on top where the nuts are gives you drop

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKfK6tfMhjoDZG-W1jBH-Vd9M2UeF-3ivFyfzZcsA6nvyJp3Ce9g&t=1

I was gonna do something similar with my ute but I was gonna chop up some old bj's and have what was left in the original position then have the new ones on top with a long bolt going through them both

I didn't bother in the end cos it was just reducing the travel right down as the ball joint bracket was thicker than my bump stops lol