Converting Bike Engines to run RWD setup

Seedy Al

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got this pc car mag here and a guy put hayabusa into kp starlet, want some pictures of article?

What issue is it? Might try for a back order or something.

I know what im doing after the 4k goes pop :D

Pretty sure I have the issue ben, I'll have a dig around for you next time im home

should be fine...vw beetles have fuel tanks in the front

they are quite a bit back, so you can get some serious cruch on and still not hit it, got to be better than that american car (forget name) that had it right in the boot, and exploded at the slightest bender

they are quite a bit back, so you can get some serious cruch on and still not hit it, got to be better than that american car (forget name) that had it right in the boot, and exploded at the slightest bender

^^ Corvair- unsafe at any speed

From Wiki re: the Pinto safety problems...

Through early production of the model, it became a focus of a major scandal when it was alleged that the car's design allowed its fuel tank to be easily damaged in the event of a rear-end collision which sometimes resulted in deadly fires and explosions. Critics argued that the vehicle's lack of a true rear bumper as well as any reinforcing structure between the rear panel and the tank, meant that in certain collisions, the tank would be thrust forward into the differential, which had a number of protruding bolts that could puncture the tank. This, and the fact that the doors could potentially jam during an accident (due to poor reinforcing) made the car a potential deathtrap.

Ford was aware of this design flaw but allegedly refused to pay what was characterized as the minimal expense of a redesign. Instead, it was argued, Ford decided it would be cheaper to pay off possible lawsuits for resulting deaths. Mother Jones magazine obtained the cost-benefit analysis that it said Ford had used to compare the cost of an $11 repair against the cost of paying off potential law suits, in what became known as the Ford Pinto Memo. The characterization of Ford's design decision as gross disregard for human lives in favor of profits led to major lawsuits, criminal charges, and a costly recall of all affected Pintos. While Ford was acquitted of criminal charges, it lost several million dollars and gained a reputation for manufacturing "the barbecue that seats four."

tho you are likely to end up arse first around a corner due to the weight of the engine in the back, thus leaving the fueltank untouched

what the fuck ever, as if motorbike engines weigh heaps, can pick mine up easyish and lift it onto a bench, tyre choice would be so so sooooo much more crucial and whatever chassis with whatever weight distrubution you have would depict how you exit a corner. most cars front suspension would weigh more than a busa

youd be in greater danger driving around with a swapper crate in the boot

Me thinks tortron was referring to teh porsche statement

As do porsches and its not like they wont be going fast when they crash :lol:

tho you are likely to end up arse first around a corner due to the weight of the engine in the back, thus leaving the fueltank untouched

yea, you will find that they and beetles, and probably imps tend to spin around while going around corners

I could hold a slide in my 54 just fine, and it didnt even have lsd!

mr2's are dangerous. its all in the setup.

typically heavy rear = hard to slide, once slides, cant be got back

typically light rear = easy to slide, once slides requires great skill to get back

50/50 = dream to drive and even tyre temperature when pushing hard.

bike engine based engines FTW! :-)