Converting Bike Engines to run RWD setup

Seedy Al

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just need to make a dual beaing mount with a cush drive linkage

take all the load off the output bearing on the bike and allow you to just use a longer driveshaft with same yokes etc

want me to make ya somethgin al :D

wow, that answreed a whole lot of questions, I was trying to fighure out what you mean buy the quiaf forward reverse box, but now I see why you need it.

So thats cool, any idea what that box would have cost?

Maybe this would be a mental conversion for a little suzuki Van

Allan

i had a thought something along the same lines,but instead of using a quaife box i was toying with the idea of putting in a mini ring gear off the driveshaft/input shaft somewhere and using a starter motor as the reverse..not like you need to use it much ae..

was thinking more like a r1 motor and a turbo set up...

Also, it says he doesnt use a clutch for shifting one he is running, is this normal, flat shifting bikes?

Im not aware of any bikes that are designed to be shifted without a clutch. However theyre pretty forgiving, if you just bang it through even without rev matching it will go with no noise(just not quite as smooth)

If I owned the gearbox Id use a clutch though.

al you bring me the bits and pay for any parts and ill take petes money for you :D

cheep conversion FTW

bit of machine work in it

even if the output shaft spins teh wrong way its not even a little issue

i can see why some people never get anywere with tehre projects

you just gotta do it not worrie about how hard it is think about that when your finished

btw albikes have dog boxes....as per stock

also have wett clutchs so desined for slipping ...you cn al;so add more plates to uprate them eazy as

need any advice on bike engines al give me a yell motorcycle mechanic was my first trade :D arh you always remeber your first.....

Need to think about reverse too.

The Westfield XTR2 uses a Haybusa engine. From memory I think they use a separate electric motor for reverse. Not particularly effective but its not like you ever go very far(st) in reverse.

_DSC9376.jpg

Can put you in touch with the owner if you think it'd be useful?