Broccoli's 1200 ute

Brock-Lee

Discution happens ----->here<-----

Hey boes, I have been a long time reader of all the projects a goin ons on this site so I figured I would share my project.

1982 datsun 1200 ute. I bought it off my grandma for a grand and then realised that I had bought the special lightweight rusty model. So a year later and there is no rust and all that is left to do is a bit of body work and then top coat......(pics up later)

Here is a list of modifacations so far.

Body: shaved lip around tray and cab, Shaved the handle off the tailgate and adapted a hilux catch system to work, shaved fuel filler flap. Goin to be painted red like that glossy as fuck red but a solid colour none of that mettalic shit.

Engine: A15 with a cam and a 28/36 downdraught weber, Which is later goin to be twin sidies and even later ahve plans for a dirrrrty carby turbo setup :twisted:

Interior: Fixed backs, electric windows (I got bored one rainy day, works mint), Black and grey door cards and shit to come.

I have also custom fitted the front disk setup from an s14 200sx (non turb) with adjustable coilovers to sack her out. and in the back it has a rearranged leaf pack(ghetto stz FTW) and 2 inch block so she tucks haaaard.

For wheels I have some 14x6.5 chrome cragars that look slightly bogan but I am looking at getting some others that are a secret at te mo and If it goes thru they will look fuckin bangin.

Sweet that is about as much as words can describe. photos will be up when I can be bothered.

Chur,

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Another small update. the tray was beaten to fuck so me and the old man decided to make a completely flat floor by fibreglassing in a sheet of ply.

First the ply was glued down then the edges were glassed in, next step is to finish the glassing and then fair it so it is smooth enough for some ultra super gloss topcoat

102_3586.jpg

102_3589.jpg

chur

• 1 month later...

got diff cleaned up and got a coat of pa10.

DSC00205.jpg

also have engine cross member cleand and painted with new bushes and seals, to be put away to keep it purdy.

DSC00225.jpg

Got rear drums cleaned up and painted with high temp paint

DSC00223.jpg

And places that carry datsun 1200 ex stock in whakatne actually rule my world. brake parts for the win.

DSC00222.jpg

Fuck scraping underseal off licks balls hard. It is a cunt of a job and it goes fucken every where

DSC00221.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Before i went flew back down to chch i started making the hidden fuel filler above

well thats done \/\/ and now i/dad just need to figure away of hingeing the access panel so it is covered.

3841398e.jpg

Dad also got the floor perfect and so that got a coat of primer goodness

7af77774.jpg

• 3 months later...

Okay, a no pic update. But have decided to build a draw through turbo setup for my a15.

Decomp a15 pistons, Nismo metal headgasket, custom exhaust manifold, Need to suss out a turbo to use(needs to be carbon sealed), 2" SU carb, Custom inlet manifold, warm cam, slight port/polish, dbl valve springs. And am toying with the idea of a water injection setup to cool intake charge so I can run a bit more boost and kill my engine/gearbox/diff quicker.

Anyone with any ideas/SU carb/suitable turbo, hit me up.

• 4 months later...

Hi long time no update ^ dunno what I was smoking there but there is NO-WAY im gonna go carby turbo........Its fuel injection all the way :D

Had pistons machined, flywheel machined, got new clutch and p/p ( sprung puck clutch and 65% heavier than stock p/p)

PHTO0029.jpg

PHTO0033.jpg

PHTO0043.jpg

Also scored an a15 head that has bigger valves and has failry large port to go with them, double valve springs and a tidied up combustion chamber. just to make it a little bit less responsive down low :lol:

Started cleaning a few bolt on ebgine parts up. polished the fuck outta my timing cover. is mostly done but there is still a little bit more to do on it. And i now have 3 finger pads polished off and a few chunks outta my hands from various methods of polishing, some successfull some really not. :lol:

PHTO0042.jpg

PHTO0041.jpg

Have to wait until the 5th and then my internals get sent away to mr balancer then i can start putting this angry little motor back together.

Mocked the grill up the other day. used to have a plastic ute grill on it but i managed to source a sedan grill and surrounds for it. I think it looks farken aws

PHTO0040.jpg

Thats all for now

BAI!

EDIT: all the little tabs that can be seen just under the grill are being cut off.

• 1 month later...

OHAI

Been fucking around with various things over the past few weeks. My engine internals are being picked up tomorrow and so there should be a lil update this coming weekend with a built bottom end.

Now if anybody has read this you will notice that my original coilover setup was pretty basic and the springs that I had were waaaaay too stiff. :lol:

So using chris'(cheater_5) setup as a template I bought a few parts and got into it:

Started with this

adjusties.jpg

These two perpertrators were removed from the situation never to add to uneccessary ride height again

000_0052.jpg

after a bit of weld prep and setup I then treid to remeber how to weld. this was the final result

000_0050.jpg

please dont look too closely at the welds :lol: there was full penetration I just think that I am developing early onset parkinsons. :lol::lol:

also i will be using these 250lb springs and depending on how the final setup works the keeper springs off the old setup

000_0053.jpg

I also found out that the head that I bought turned out to be a heavily ported GX item. stoked

there was somthing else but i forgot what it was. yuh.

oh lol. thats what i forgot. The sleeves are being turned up by a mate tomorrow or the next day and im using km-10 lock nuts for spring platforms.

000_0059.jpg

also this is what i based my setup on

coiloversftw.jpg

cept mines gonna be black. none of this poncy/badass as fuck green shit.

• 2 weeks later...

000_0078.jpg

am gonna wait till i have them in the car before i finally weld them inplace. really dont wanna have to cut and reweld them becasue its too high/low/[NVA2LO]

turbo and injectors and other various shit (cheers QCDATA) is sitting in my bedroom so I can get onto exh mani's etc soon and finish off my intake once the flanges turn up (c/o mark105)

• 7 months later...

I bought some rims for it off chris_5.

_MG_5165b.jpg

the orange mk3's in the photo^ should be a sweet addition to the front of it.

Also bought a pair of brand new 175/50 semislicks for silly cheap as well.

Photo0013.jpg

Got a sweet woodgrain momo as well looks really similar to nardi stz, unsure if I am gonna run it in the ute yet, but just hoarded it anyways.

My head just got picked up from engine guy. looks fucken sweet. dont have pics though :doubt:

Have been lokking at widebands and shit to help tune the fucker and have decided to flag the DIY setups on http://www.14point7.com and roll a proper innovate lc-1 setup. will cost me more but will be a bit easier in the long run and at $300 odd they are pretty fucken cheap. Also I am looking at redoing my fucken front fucking coilovers for the fucking third time :doubt:

I just Wish I hadve thought shit through properly at the start. am currently looking at honda coilovers to run a fulltap setup.

Will update as I do more/wont happen for ages

lame update

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

another shit update.

It is pretty close to having some colour thrown at it. Just after a couple of opinions. What colour centres on the mk3's bear in mind that the body will be red, like fucken RED red, and I feel that black centres will look meh.

DSC01801.jpg?t=1277784411

I fail at cars tbh

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...