pies

re-registering a vehicle

Question re Seatbelts.

Am going to be looking towards putting a car from 1925 back on the road when I finish doing a bit of work to it.

Factory didn’t have seat belts. Is this something that because of the age of the vechile itl not be an issue? Or do I need to approach VCC for appropriate info to prove the fact?

-have never been through any of these processes before. I do have the old black plates for it, heaps of photos of the car showing plates from back in the day. Rego lapsed a long time ago,  and the current owner of its owned it for probably over 60 years. Had been partially restored but that was halted about 15? Years ago and it’s beem sitting in the garage since. Is pretty much stock and complete.

any advice on the process would be great.

Cheers

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Shakotom said:

Question re Seatbelts.

Am going to be looking towards putting a car from 1925 back on the road when I finish doing a bit of work to it.

Factory didn’t have seat belts. Is this something that because of the age of the vechile itl not be an issue? Or do I need to approach VCC for appropriate info to prove the fact?

-have never been through any of these processes before. I do have the old black plates for it, heaps of photos of the car showing plates from back in the day. Rego lapsed a long time ago,  and the current owner of its owned it for probably over 60 years. Had been partially restored but that was halted about 15? Years ago and it’s beem sitting in the garage since. Is pretty much stock and complete.

any advice on the process would be great.

Cheers

Dispensation due to no practical way of installing them. Also was first registered in NZ prior to 50s so again not required

Plain sailing mate (out of the car and to safety in the event of a crash)

• Like 2

Right, so I took the Mini in for a re-rego check on Wednesday at VTNZ. The car was ready for pickup today, Friday. 

Cost was $229 and the inspection was a strict WOF inspection. My car has failed on a few things, but i have 20 working days for a recheck. The recheck MUST be booked in first. If you miss that deadline, you must pay again and have a full inspection again. Any brake work needs to be signed off on the included declaration, with receipts, but they are happy for me to do the work and fill it out myself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 27/07/2018 at 11:35, kws said:

Ok, so have finally been able to get to the JP to sign the declaration. She was happy with what I had on it, so that should be the paperwork side done. Now to actually get the car to VTNZ.

I will be taking with me,

The signed Statutory Declaration
Printed email from NZTA regarding reusing my black plates
The generic Sale & Purchase agreement the seller signed when i purchased the car
A Printout of the Trademe listing
A Printout of Carjam showing it as NOT stolen (and also showing Rego and chassis numbers)

Hopefully that should suffice.

I have attached a template made from the Stat Declaration that I used. I cant be certain this will be suitable for everyone, but should give an idea of what could be on it. The JP was happy, but yet to see if VTNZ will be happy with it. Use at own risk.

Also note that for some reason when opened in Chrome all the spaces in the text are missing. Seems to work fine when downloaded on my Mac. It is an editable PDF.

https://www.tasteslikepetrol.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Statutory-declaration-final-1.pdf

I can also now confirm that this information was sufficient for VTNZ. They would prefer you used one of their special Stat Dec forms, but saw no reason they couldn't accept the generic one signed by a JP (yes, that's how they said it, "couldn't see why not" :?). They didn't specifically need anything but the Stat Dec and printout from NZTA about the black plates.

• Like 1

this just came up on the Classic Cars and Wrecks of New Zealand Facebook Group

So I can not confirm the validnessness of the information or if it is current or when the answerer used this method etc

The question was :

Hey everybody, this is the 1960 Humber 80 we are bringing back from rust death. I need to register etc and want to keep the plates. Apparently I need to show that these are this cars old plates ( they are). Anybody know the car?

1st best answer was:

Dead Black Plates renewal process.

Do Not Get your car vinned or attempt to re-license.

Follow this process first:

To re-use your old Black Plates you need to ring this number:
Email: reuseofplates@nzta.govt.nz with the following information:

They want photos of the plates
Photo of body tag
Proof the plates are from the vehicle like a photo of wof sticker
or receipts for work done to the car with plates listed.
And or ownership papers or bill of sale like a declaration etc.
Your contact details

10 day process time or sooner.

IMPORTANT: Do not start the vin process or the plates will be disallowed for ever ie unusable forever.

Wait for LTSA to send you the ok with a number you are to give to the VIN agent like VTNZ or VINZ.

I hope this helps many. Share this info around

on this picture if you want the source (or to add your thoughts)

48366330_10218633745783620_7821335063211

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10218633745743619&set=gm.2019630678123767&type=3&eid=ARByjbpN779Z4hoeqB_KaaoICfWeIdbUn2CZ0hpxRx0M5ajmsuDuEqJhQPRCU5Q7RzV2DU3gYGnFdCoj

sorry if it's been covered before I had a quick scan of the OP

• Like 1