re-registering a vehicle

pies

after 30 years, I am starting to look at my '52 Morris Minor that I put in garage..

I failed to keep rego alive, So I am looking to go through re-compliance.

Now.. I have 1 spot of rust, which I assume won't fly at re-compliance? But I can repair and paint over beforehand.

Also my MM, doesn't have separate indicators, will that pass re-compliance?

IMG_0160.jpeg

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also gotta get it approved before going to vtnz, otherwise they will just issue it with new white plates

o8zARYS.jpg

^email them with pictures of both plates (best if still attached to the car with old bolts etc) and proof that it was previously regod- either car jam or in my case I had the original certificate thing below

3inWUnm.png

Thank you for your email regarding the reissue of number plates. There are a few things that need to be met before we can consider your application to reissue the number plates to your vehicle

1.    The number plates must have been previously assigned to the vehicle

2.    The number plates  must be in mint condition

3.    The number plates cannot have been made into personalised plates.

4.    The number plates requested for reissue must have not been superseded by a new number plate i.e. the vehicle must not have been registered with new plates or have undergone a plate change.

Number plates aren't part of the revin 

I. E you get it inspected with no plates on it, then you go pay your rego, they never put the number on my loose wof tag for my dr200  lol so could have used it on anything

Will you need a repair cert? Why is there rust, signs of past repairs? 

4 hours ago, lowrider said:

This is it here but there's no rust on it looks to be repainted. 

photo 4.JPG.jpg

I would suggest getting into contact with @Archetypeabout getting a replica plate made.   I wouldn't guarantee it would pass a check but it would almost definitely pass a photograph for the reuse of plates people.  I'd suggest putting the replica on the back and the original on the front as fronts are typically more damaged. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I made a plate to suit my viva and just made sure it looked suitably old and original. They didnt even need to check it because, well why would they- it was just an original plate still attached to the car as far as they were concerned.

Was a bit of a mini mission to make it so as Michael seez- save all that bother and get Archtype to make ya one. Maybe once you've got it put in salt bath or something to make the fresh alloy go off slightly and get it to 'look old'

6 hours ago, kyteler said:

I wouldn't guarantee it would pass a check but it would almost definitely pass a photograph for the reuse of plates people. 

Pretty sure it’s still not a wof requirement ?hence all the cars with obstructed plates and vinyl “plates” still getting wofs

/when I put my scooter  back through I didn’t even have the bike nor plate there- found the one welly place that was laxed enough but….

• Like 1

I'll just point out the obvious, revin/wof is different between cars and bikes. What applies to bikes may not apply to cars.

When i revinned my Mini I had no option of not getting/using plates, it was part and parcel of the process. I was lucky i pointed out to them when I went to pick the car up that it still had the black plates on it and I had authority to keep them (and they had this in the paperwork I supplied), as they were about to walk out the door with a pair of fresh new white plates.

For reuse of plates I had to take a photo of both plates. They were already on the car so i left them and just took photos of each end of the car. I wouldnt be surprised if they rejected you if you tried to use the same plate for two photos if there were any identifying marks on the plate (dents, scrapes etc), so maybe ding it up a bit between photos :lol:

• Haha 1

I’m no expert, but if it is freshly painted and under sealed they may want to see evidence that this has been done correctly. Such as a repair cert.

If you don’t have this, and they believe the fresh repaint and under seal hide in uncertified repairs they may ask you to strip it back?

Do you have all the relevant paperwork showing that the repaint etc was carried out by a professional?