pies MX31

kyteler

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So im giving up on this project now. Apparently the car doesnt exsist. I must just be imagining it and all you cunts are just playing along with my vivid imagination.

First of all, generic parts places tell me it doesnt exsist. Repco, BNT, Partmaster etc... all tell me that the earliest Mark II was the 60 series. and that no IRS toyotas exsisted before the celica supra

Second, The Lower Hutt Toyota dealership tells me that all x30's were solid rear end. and that there is no such thing as an MX31. Despite me waving the chassis plate infront of their faces

and today, The lovely meat headed old man at VTNZ tells me that no toyotas had 4 wheel discs untill the mid to late eighties, and that IRS was only available in supras and from the 70 series cressidas. And that toyota never made a cressida coupe. ever. And even if it did exsist, it wouldnt be worth getting registered as there are already heaps of them on the road (im sure he told me they didnt exsist, maybe he is seeing things too?) and i would be better off buying one thats already live in the system. And modifying it would be a waste of time as parts (for the non exsistant car) are so hard to come by and you dont see many original ones on the road (apparently al the "heaps" that are on the road are modified) and it would be better left as original and just getting restored. like his mates old 1950 bus with original number plates.

So yea. project over. stupid imagination. I blame drugs and alcahol and that weird clear stuff that Seedy Al puts in my drinks...

haha what a fail boat of a mission.

I'm pretty sure you're not serious though aye? Aye..

You should try looking for parts for an MX40 then. They actually don't seem to exist. Thats why Toyota (and all old car) buffs know exactly what is interchangable between various models. You know this is just a conventional maccy strut setup up front, like all the Toyotas of the era and the same old flappy trailing arms in the rear as all the old Toyotas with IRS. Parts won't be difficult to come by.

And you have also now learnt a very important lesson about VTNZ. One that alot of us learnt a long time ago. They don't know shit. Don't go there. There will be other places you can go to, to revin the car.

Sometimes VTNZ's lack of knowledge is helpfull because they spend so much time trying to make the springs fall out of a lowered car that they don't look at anything else, but in this case when you are just trying to get a tidy old girl back on the road, their lack of knowledge will only ever be a bad thing.

Take an EH Holden or something in there and they would be so fucking happy they won't even inspect it. A 40year old japper on the other hand.. then you're going to have trouble.

Well - things that don't exist are extremely corrosion resistant (look it up - Unobtaintaum has a 1,000,000,000 year penetration guarantee) so rust is something you no longer need to concern yourself with.

Finding tyres in that size could be tricky though - but windscreens should be a chinch (unless you want them tinted)

You need to put on your "i know more than you do face" bro. Seriously, We talked about it with my Skyline stz when I was up remember?. People tell you one thing then you just get hugely sarcastic and make them feel immensely stupid by giving them specifics and dates and belittling their knowledge and skills. :lol:

Ahh, joys. Fuck I wish I was still up there so I could talk to that VTNZ cunt right now.

ypu just need a hug man

but i do know were you are coming from

when i had the crown trying to tell pple what it was and what parts i needed they keept telling me " you sure its not a ms65 cause sometime 5's do look like 6's "

got sick of it and started to source stuff from other makes like nissan/mazda etc

found heaps of stuff but never went through with it and now al has it

and you are lucky cause you own a toyota and 90 of the parts are damn near interchangible in some way or another

vtnz rips my sack man

no need to give up yet man

keep the fath

make it work

or sell it to me

meh dont give up. most cars 'dont exsist' if you believe repco system lol! (i should say most of our o/s cars)

was more the fact that toyota told me it didnt exsist... i lold as i waved the build plate infront of them

btw... that was a sarcastic post...

when i was at my last job ( old nissan/datsun dealership ) just before my mate took over the parts dept and w/s they through out bucket loads of old datsun stuff

he tryed to safe it but was too late

all went to the hamilton recycling center :(

shame how if something like old parts that sit on a companys self for 30+ yrs dont end up with a dollar value and they get ritten off and binned

such a shame

mate scored a whole bunch of ae86 parts that way from waikato toyots on there 5yr bin out

mmmmmmmmm

in saying this i know they have alot of the orginal datsun parts books/service manuals

wonder if i can scame them

sell them to o/s boes

• 3 weeks later...