• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
And done.

Didn't turn out as good as I would have liked, should have been more careful with the fab and welding and left the welds. as I'd done a bit of a huckery job and had to grind them back ended up going through in a few places and having to then fill holes then grind back again and having to cleanup in the inside alot more. Still should be fine, and my progress is slow enough as it is without trying to do an esprit like job of it.

I'm flattered! ;)

Looking good though man.. keen to see a nice rapid 131 in action :)

Clutch was by Autoclutch in Morningside (auckland) they are pretty good and can make a clutch to do whatever pretty much. The guy there recommended me the guy who did the flywheel, was just a random old dude who used to work for bruce mclaren or something with a little machine shop on the north shore - I just gave him a std flywheel as a template. flywheel wasn't even every expensive considering it's got the hobbed in ring gear and was heat treated, something like $500-600 although it was a couple of years ago now.

Clutch was by Autoclutch in Morningside (auckland) they are pretty good and can make a clutch to do whatever pretty much. The guy there recommended me the guy who did the flywheel, was just a random old dude who used to work for bruce mclaren or something with a little machine shop on the north shore - I just gave him a std flywheel as a template. flywheel wasn't even every expensive considering it's got the hobbed in ring gear and was heat treated, something like $500-600 although it was a couple of years ago now.

Thanks for that. Can you remember the name of the shop?

• 3 months later...

Good shit! I was worried that they might not accept it due to lack of heat signature on the welds (cause of the painting+brushing). That's one big step closer!

Brad - I've been part of 2-3 new cage installs in the last couple of weeks. We did the front legs, side intrusion and strut bars as an extension on a half cage over a few nights + homologation. PM me if you have any specific Q's.

Yeah I was starting to get a bit worried, Id got a letter in January saying they had received it on teh 10th, and was like hmm ohfuck, as the cutoff date for the new rules was the 1st this may not be good (I had posted in on about the 20th of december). then yesterday evening I was thinking hmm maybe I should ring them up to see whats the story, then grabbed some junk mail that had been sitting on my coffee table for a couple of days and flicked though it and found the letter with the logbook folded inside.

just starting to get annoyed with having to go up to auckland for work so much atm which is killing all my afternoon/evening time for sorting out my garage and getting back into this.

haha... They would have opened it on the 10th because when they got back after new year there were near 200 homologation applications in the mail. Almost everyone sent them the week before xmas and they're still working through the backlog.

but then one friend of mine got his back in around a week. His was freshly built with the new sized main hoop.

• 9 months later...

dunno about on track, on the level maybe haha - there is a panhard rod just i disconnected it for research purposes/it will need some adjustment so to say. mancave is great just need to get the power/lighting sorted but have been a bit slack with alot going on lately.