EFI_LCs 1986 Varajet_VK

V8Pete

Well you might talk me into it as I have a race 202 engine with lots of goodies including triple webers, after I get tired of it in my Torana maybe I could transplant it here :P

Yea I noticed the plates on trademe and thought sweet bonus.... I could ask for a new set and get white ones I suppose but I like old school black ones.

I'm actually thinking of entering it in a smoky contest after the 20th January drag meet here at CHCH, I wonder if light truck tyres smoke much...

I didnt do anything to the VK and devoted my entire day to the torana.

Man gotta admit this is a smooth baby to drive compared to my Torry but hell the Torry has so much power you wouldn't even pick its the same engine lol.

What town are you in? I've spoken to a bloke with an injected torana at the drags a few times. Are you him?

Yep thats me :)

I should have the LC out at the next meeting on the 20th Jan but I dunno about entering it in a smoky contest as the motor will be still in test and tune stages.

I loved the Commodore Group C cars back in the early 80's and used to go to every round in Sydney at both Amaroo Park and Oran Park. Many of the drivers complained about Amaroo and eventually it was removed from the series as it was small and narrow and crashes were common. I saw dick Johnson Roll about 6 times in spectacular fashion just 10 metres from where I was sitting one day. Brock GM-H, Moffat Ford, Johnson Ford, Richards BMW, Fury Nissan, Grice, Perkins, Francevic Volvo, Skaife, Bowe, Longhurst, Wilmington, Masterton and heaps more were household names back then.

This VK is just too good to butcher into a Brocky look a like in my opinion. It is just so original