Requiemk626's c110

Goat

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whut? You can pick up 25DET w/ Gearbox packages for <10k

His 110 is already prepped for an RB so he essentially just has to bolt it in, there's always bits and pieces to do but unless you were paying someone else to do it, I doubt it would come to $10,000.

You can buy a whole R32 or 33 w/ 25T for $10,000.

I mean the total cost of the engine+ancillaries+box etc, and no offense rekemeke but you don't exactly seem confident about cars so I'm guessing shit will crop up you'd need to pay someone to fix. Always budget 3 times as much as you thought and 3 times as long to do it in.

Things like the ecu will cause headaches, you may resort to aftermarket for that, then upgrades blah blah, you all know the deal. I'm confident for 10k plus

Yer my car knowledge is still shit but better than most starting mechanics apprenticeship helps + workers have offered help very easy going wont be a problem. 10k is very reasonable which will get me there.

If motivation exists in the future for it and it actually gets done i can easily see 15k going into it and finishing it at that level easily.......

Your just trying to show off pictures :lol:

Na i want huge turbs for massive spool noise and screamer for lols

and the gearbox thing will have to do more research but hear people using them with the power im after so hopefully ill get a good one, if it brakes i think ill go 25t

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You looked under the ass of it boe?

Because if your plan is to run coil-overs on the rear you're going to have to make some new suspension mounts. It runs separate shock and spring and I'm not sure I'd rely on a coilover in the place of where the shock is mounted.

Yep have looked underneath it. Near 45degree angle but should be fine have researched into peoples past experiences. Will mount where shock sits maybe have a better look tomorrow to see if i can mount a little more vertical.

Would probably be a better idea to fabricate a mount into where the spring sits, it's a lot more central to the arm.

I'm just running Lovells in the rear with NOS Air Adjusties

Edit: That looks alright, actually. My only concern would be the rate of both spring and shock, the spring rate of the standards and of the lowered ones is pretty firm and it was a sloppy ride from factory :? Haven't used mine with the new rear springs in it.