Eritate's 1980 Toyota Corrolla Ke70 Sr20det

eritate

After the intrest I recieved I deicded it would be unfair if i didnt post some progress on the car

Specs

Toyota Corolla Ke70 1980

Running Gear:

Nissan Silvia s13 Sr20de+t

Nissan Silvia Turbo Manual Gearbox

Toyota TRD AE86 Limited Slip Differential - Ratio 4.8

Aftermarket Link ECU

2x Alloy radiators (1 is spare)

Suspension and Brakes:

Height, Dampener and Camber Adjustable Suspension in front - Ksport/D2 shock inserts.

Custom Alloy Front Strut Brace

Mazda Rx7 Series 5 4pot Front Callipers

Nissan Silvia Front Rotors

Toyota AE86 Disc Brakes in the rear

Brake BIAS adjustable

Toyota AE86 Quick Steer - 2&1/4 lock to lock

Adjustable Front caster

Adjustable ae86 rear panhard rod.

Interior:

Half dash built from Aluminium

Aftermarket Gauges include:

Boost Gauge

Battery Gauge

Water Temperature Gauge

Oil Pressure Gauge

Tacho Gauge

Sportline Race Steering wheel and boss kit

Racepro Bucket Seat

Silvester FIA approved 5 point harness

6 point MSNZ Approved Full Cage

Rear Lexan Windows (3mm Thickness)

Relocated battery to cabin

Stripped of all interior trim, sound deadening and anything to save weight that wasn’t needed.

Fuel System:

Braided Fuel lines

Datsun 1200 Fuel tank with external fuel pump

Rims:

2x 15x7 white Enkei Tri spokes

4x 15x7 silver Enkei Rp01s

4x 15x6 volk look a likes

4x 14x6 Nissan Rims (only good for rear - dont fit over front calipers)

Spares:

Lots and lots and lots of spares as you would expect.

Mike

July 07

I brought the car as an ex rally car. It used to run an atlantic 4age then was brought as a rolling shell and a sr20det was implemented. My workmate brought it to use the engine and running gear in his hillman avenger but he kept with his 180hp 2L Hillman motor and sold me the dx.

The old sr20det had a dropped a valve so while the motor was out i decided to get a bit of things repaired. Thanks to Hirequip for the use of the trailer while picking the car up.

August 07

This was mainly playing with the car and dreaming about when its going eg making car noises in the drivers seat. I attacked part of the engine bay with a wire wheel. Pretty much just prep'd the areas where i thought the panlebeating was going to happen.

September 07

The car was dropped off at Craig Howser Panelbeaters in Hamilton. He got to work with it and did an awesome job. Very happy with the work he did as it may not be the prettiest but it definately the strongest. Its a race car not a show car :)

October 07

I decided I could be the next Car painter in the making so went and got me some Paint in a can and sprayed the engine bay. Ended up looking bloody mint so did everywhere else that was worked on. Very happy with the outcome.

November 07

Now that the Rust and structual side of things are sorted. I swapped my Lexan windowed doors for some normal glass ones. I decided that i could gain some weight and I also wanted some wind up windows. These doors need some adjustment to fit into the body properly but thats something im going to attack later down the track.

I got my Donor sr20de out of a s13 that im going to turbo. Brought my new shock inserts and pulled the old struts out. The old shock inserts were absolutely shagged. The new shock inserts didnt quite fit into the old srtut so I farmed that off to a mate to make them fit.

Brought my Adjustable ae86 panhard rod. Currently swapping out diffs in light of a new diff - Hilux most probably.

December 07

• 2 months later...

Been a while since Ive uploaded anything so ill try cover all the bases

5x114.3 F series Diff from Ma45 is due to be installed very soon. It measures 1470mm so will be good for a wide track. Hopefully can find some 5 stud rims in fwd.

Ive helped modify my old struts into practically custom ones. What we did was lathe out the old strut housing. Get some Exhaust tube. Cut it to length, salvage the old thread for holding in the insert in. Weld it up and weld on the adjustable height stuff. Also gusseted the strut for extra strength.

An opportunity came up to purchase a HKS Twin Plate Clutch. I hmm and haa'd but decided that I might as well get a kick ass clutch and know that i wont have problems with it for at least a couple of seasons considering it s designed for 600+hp and im making 200+hp lol.

I didnt like the old dash setup as it was more centralized around a Co-driver for rally. With me having the intention of doing drifting i needed to localize it where it was in easy view for me. So I did some Rangi Dash Modifications for now until i am 100% sure what i am going to do

While I was sorting my front struts out I ended up shifting house. What a mission but put the dx on a car dolley. Strapped it down and it was mint. Lucky only had to move about 2km.

On a Friday afternoon drinking some beers and a welder sitting there decided to mount up the intercooler. Turned up fucking awesome as it has tied up the whole front making it a hell of a lot stronger and rigid.

Installed the Sr20de+t and have wired up the motor. Have not yet tried to turn it over as am still sorting wiring and still need to put in oil etc.

Im aiming to have the car done for Oldschool trackday but we'll see might get it done even sooner.

• 3 weeks later...

Well she runs

Wired her up and cranked it over and got it running. Pretty rough though. Had it only running off the downpipe so bloody noisy. Tried to turn it off via key and killswitch but kept running. Ended up having to pull the ecu plug. Decided that the altenator was feeding the ECU 12volts when it was running so am yet to sort that.

Got the intercooler piping in as well which is bloody mint :) Just gotta mount my bov now.

Trying to sort radiator mountings and stuff but looks as though ive sorted that :)

Front struts are done and am in the process of bolting them back in. Once the front is back down then the arse comes up and the old diff gets ripped out in light of the new one :)

Cant wait to get the bloody thing running and taking it for a good cain around the track