coilovers being made illegal

Ke36

hey guys

just been talking to a motorsport guy at work and he said that coilovers wre now illegal in road cars fullstop, said hes mate that does warrants was saying that a law got passed/came into effect a couple of days ago, so now it doesnt even matter if you have cert etc?

was due to the fact the cars height can be changed to unwoffable standard etc

rang the cert guy and he said he didnt know anything about it was news to him and was doubtfull it was true etc

just wondering since there are a few guys on here who have wof authority and may be a few that can cert stuff whats the go?

the guy at work is switched on older fella so dont see why he would be making it up but maybe thought he just got it a bit wrong and they need to be certed (which has always been the case)

just been talking to a motorsport guy at work and he said that coilovers wre now illegal in road cars fullstop, said hes mate that does warrants was saying that a law got passed/came into effect a couple of days ago, so now it doesnt even matter if you have cert etc?

Fact of the matter is if your car is legal the gunmmint can't change the laws to make your car illegal. For example cars from 19XX on must have seat belt's for all passenger seats, my capri only has seatbelts on the front yet it still gets WOF's becasue it predates the laws. It's also why some cars that got decleration papers are legal even tho they wouldn't pass a cert today.

the guy at work is switched on older fella

your not the "boy" or apprentice are you? :wink:

im an apprentice aircraft engineer one of about 30 :rolleyes:

talked to the guy about it after getting info etc he still stands by what his mate told ghim, he has no reason to lie etc has helped me out with a shitload of other info on how to improve my car only reason he told me is he knew i was getting some built as we had allready discussed it, and thought i should check up