Defectives Toyota Surf

Defective

i know, not really oldschool, but hey... just imagine its a ke70 wagon with big tyres 8)

this is my surf when i first got it, after a nice wash 8) all 2.4 litres of turbo diesel slowness... speed cameras are no longer a cause for a minor heart attack 8)

newsurfxf0.th.jpg

got sick of the puny pajero rims and useless (although brand new) tyres, so went shopping on trademe and found a nice set of 15x8 alloys that have a rather large set of tyres :D measuring in at 33x12.5x15 :shock: thats 5 inches taller than my old tyres, and nearly double the width 8)

and this is how it looks after chucking the 33's on, and losing a few minor bits of plastic and steel around the front :lol:

img00005fp0.th.jpg

and this one shows how big my flares are going to have to be :? where will i find flares to fit? if even available... i looked on 4wdbits but couldnt find any flares of any type, or on trademe...

flaresneededqi3.th.jpg

oh, and i still have my trueno, its just hibernating in the garage until i decide i like it again :P

hey man nice truk. an idea for the flares, we did it on a mates safari; go to like bunnings or sumfin like that, and you can get rolls of garden edging. its like 10mm plastic, and comes in like 80 or 100mm wide. then u just cut to length and screw it on, where the flares used to screw onto. rubber works goos too, and is a bit more flexible. looks fukin sick, and if it gets fucked up its sno biggy, cause the shit is so cheap. heaps of the hardcore 4wds have them.