Treggo's Mk2 Capri.

treggo

dunnoo whjat your tlak about the 4g6free is but i vote you hurry the fuck up with build of pinto and slam that bitch in and bang, drive time,

Capri will be getting fresh pinto, I will get shit together for 4g over the next whenever then when I have the resources bang it in.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been there, done that and got the headache to prove it.

Seriously, you need a 3lt cross member, engine mounts, a set of rover engine mounts, range rover alternator bracket, 3lt radiator, gearbox adaptor plate, pipe bender so you can bend up your headers, dual plane inlet manifold, 390 holly carb with vacuum secondaries (this keeps the height down so you don't have to cut your bonnet). If you are going for power steering you need to keep the 3lt/2.8lt resevoir and you can mount this on the suspension turret. I will post some pics of my old one as soon as I can find them. All the brakes can stay as they are as the rover v8 is the same weight as a 2lt ohc. If I think of anymore I will post it up. But this should keep you going for a while! And if you need to, just ask as always happy to help if I can.

Kev

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay,

Whats the legalities with adj lower arms?

I have been informed I need these and adj or offset topmounts to get resonable geometry in the front to go resonably low.

I remember in gaz's old cortina build thread he said something about sierra ones working on a cortina, anyone know if this will work on the capri?

At this stage I would rather not have to play around with where the arms mount on the x-member.

Thanks in advance

What do you mean? as in adj TCA's?

And i know for a fact to get a reasonable height out of a sierra you need adj TCA's to correct the camber. which is what i think you mean?

It will need to be certed but im not sure if they can be? you might need an engineers cert etc.

but i probly have a set of sierra TCA's lieing around if you want to have a play.

And i know for a fact to get a reasonable height out of a sierra you need adj TCA's to correct the camber. which is what i think you mean?

It will need to be certed but im not sure if they can be? you might need an engineers cert etc.

but i probly have a set of sierra TCA's lieing around if you want to have a play.

Yea TCA's

Might have to take you up on that offer.

Yea TCA's

Might have to take you up on that offer.

Yea dude swt as, i will have a look, you can have them for the cost of postage.

• 1 year later...