Waimaks GSR

johnnyfive

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome score man, O/S Subaru FTW!

O/T were you anywhere near shell-gull around 6:30 last night? Im sure i saw your Bumby lol

Tuesday night? Don't think so. Was you in whakatane?, Old man had the brumby today. Him = Agricultural tooling it up.

And yeah, Might get some work done this weekend. Kinda want to go riding/otp tho.

Awesome score man, O/S Subaru FTW!

O/T were you anywhere near shell-gull around 6:30 last night? Im sure i saw your Bumby lol

Tuesday night? Don't think so. Was you in whakatane?, Old man had the brumby today. Him = Agricultural tooling it up.

And yeah, Might get some work done this weekend. Kinda want to go riding/otp tho.

Yeah man Tuesday, was on the way back from Auckland -Toyota estima with hirepool furniture trailer- mustn't have been you then lol

^Sad sight indeed.

I suppose it would be nearly impossible to track down the original engine for the coupe? Could you do a replica engine or something. Is it the same as other subarus of the time but with twin carbs or is it completely different?

I dunno on the dualcarbs thing. Seem pretty rare, The 1400 was prone to a few problems from what I've heard anyway tho, so might see about working one of the 1800 I've got lying about seeing as its already been toyed with and attempt to leave uterus standies.

Might try source a better box too, think I found one dumped up the valley the other day that could do the trick. Does like 4000rpm at 100k. Not cool.

That ute in the bushes makes me sad, Must be so many round like that.

Don't really know a whole lot to be honest, bit of an oddball car. Only one available then with a brake booster, front discs, the dualcarbs of course. Can't think.

Different gearbox going by the feel of the ratios. Different trims and things to the ordinary 1400's.

Really just need to rip in and get learning. Lack motivation/time/sick of cars by the weekend.