Joe's Jag

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know about Jag V12s is that they sound magnificent when pulling hard. Was working up Highway 8 one time and an older couple in an XJS vert went through our site. As they passed our end of works sign the old geezer absolutely nailed the gas. Such a sweet sound.

Hey,

Ive run a bunch of printed manifolds.

My ones that can last well for a long time are made by printing nylon filament that has carbon fiber in it (just helps prevent warping really) then I wrap these in carbon fibre which is epoxied on.

This way the 3d printed material gives the nice accurate geometry while the carbon gives it the strength.

Its more economical than trying to make something just printed (need a lot of filament to make it strong) or just carbon (complex and time consuming moulds)

Its obviously not as good as an aluminium part. However if you want to test the concept before going all in on casting. You can run a motor with them.

However even this option will set you back a couple hundred bucks on materials... and thats if your printer can reach the temps needed to print nylon.

So either way gotta spend some bucks.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...