Sheepers' RA28 Celica

mikuni

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

arrow wheels = 4.5k.

unless i win lotto tomorrow im going to have to stick some generic made in china shit on it until i can afford something decent (at least 2 years from now).

also, just put my brand new windscreen in, was a bit tight with the brand new genuine toyota rubber but it went in eventually. was giving it a wipe and then fucking with one of the chrome clips, not touching the window at all and it cracked in half.

sweet, so now i need another windscreen.

fucked off much??

yes.

• 4 weeks later...

"except they have just changed the rules and now the minimum tyre width you can run on a 10" rim is 255."

Where did you hear about this?

Most of the manufactures state what size rim is save for each tyre size. ie Toyo T1R's I had on my RX7, ran a 225/35/18 on a 18x9 inch rim, Wof guy tried to fail me on a warrant, I ended up showing a printout from the Toyo the website, with the size rim they have tested the tyres on, and asked him how he could know more than the manufactures of the tires!

With a bit of a grumble he said something about if would never go through vining bla bla... and reluctantly gave me a Wof.. Total arse.

http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/proxes-t1r

Might be tough finding anything that will legally fit a 10" rim under 255 though..

hmm, so guessing a 205/45/15 on a 10 " rim on my 808 is out of the question.. lol

10_205_45_R15_Toyo_T1R_3.jpg

i did talk to the cert guy.

thats where the info came from, a place i like to visit when i want to know the truth.

tyre manufacturers can say what they want. the law in New Zealand has just changed, 255 is min width for a 10" rim in this country.

no one is aware of this new law and the cert people are trying to put together a case to get the law relaxed slightly but they aren't hopeful.

its guys running 204 45 15's on a 10" rim that have caused this law change in the first place.

good work guys.

tyre manufacturers can say what they want. the law in New Zealand has just changed, 255 is min width for a 10" rim in this country.

The Tyre manufacturers spend the millions manufacturing and testing the tyres, then write the specs for there customers on what tyres will fit what width rims safely. Just seems bizarre, but I'm not surprised either. Guess the monkey at a desk knows better.

Previous experience all the cert guys work to there own set rules aswell...

i think its safe to say that the rule was written so any cop can look at a tyre, and if its not bulging out from the rim then they get to write a ticket.

its pretty simple, make it easy for the single celled law enforcement idiots to generate more revenue.

but you have to admit, putting a 185 40 on a 12" wide rim looks suss as. there are plenty of examples of why its safe (like the drift fraternity who regularly go sideways over ripple strips/ditches/walls etc with stretched tyres) but the law needs to write tickets so they can make yet more money.

when was the last time you heard a story on the news about police fighting for more funding to employ more bobbies?

good thing im not fucked off about this/spent the best part of a year making something that is now having to be severely compromised due to an idiotic law change..........

This sounds ridiculous. I read about it on Garagedori too. Need a 195 for a 7j, 205 for a 7.5j, 215 for an 8j.

Wonder what made them change it. Because its not for safety, thats for sure. I'd doubt its revenue collecting too because stretched tyres aren't that common.

Every mini in NZ running 13x7's is now fucked.

Because its not for safety, thats for sure. I'd doubt its revenue collecting too because stretched tyres aren't that common.

Your not in Auckland are you. I live eastwards in the china town of meadowlands. I see so many S14/S15/A31/C33's with tire stretch on a daily basis its common site. Worst trend is equip 03's on FWD hondas...

Sheepers it sucks about the wheels man. You go for a certain look with a certain car and you just get dicked by johny law.

• 4 weeks later...

i bought it in 2005.

i was still overseas when i bought it (id seen the car prviously) but i got stuck into it when i got back at the begining of 06.

blue car has cost me allot of time and this hasnt been easy, but its geting there.............

it will be on the road and legal before the year is out.

sheepers.