Sheepers' RA28 Celica

mikuni

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for you, i will.

send up a motor and a chassis too so i can get some clearances etc.

me and the wife are talking about a road trip down to wellers. i haven't been there for 10 years. need to re-bond with the capital. and my mates who live there.

will keep you posted on plans.

sheepers (the cool)

Extractors look mint.

How were they done?

Were crush bends used for the longer section of pipe where it has a hook at the end or can you buy this shape?

gas welds?

i bought tight radius and large radius bends. the rest i made myself from the bits i had left over.

the Y pieces came from Woolf mufflers. when i gat back there ill buy two more 1 1/2 to 1 7/8 Y's and i should be about finished. ill put flanges on at 2 1/2 inch so i can unbolt the pipes.

the plan is to go twin pipes and dump them just in front of the rear wheels, but my friends in auz who have done this (with a single side dump off a 6) tell me that the fumes come back if the pipe is too short. time will tell.

sheepers.

forgot to mention, tig welds.

thank you for your kind words, but if you could see them up close you would see the imperfections and the faults that i see. or maybe im trying to make them better than they need to be..........

anywho, drivers side is nearly finished. strange as it may sound, the longer the pipes get the harder it is to put them on and take them off. its turning in to quite the mission to get them on the motor and the motor in place to see what needs to happen next. ill be fucking glad when i dont have to take the motor in and out 10 times a night :shock:

and as for ITB's. not on this car. its a cruzer, not a racer, so ill be going supercharged at some point. i dont want to over do it.

sheepers.

oh, forgot to mention, as these jobs become complete i start to think more and more about starting it for the first time. that will be exciting.

oh, forgot to mention, as these jobs become complete i start to think more and more about starting it for the first time. that will be exciting.

Keen to be present during said startup whilst you feed me sausages wrapped in bread and slathered in tomato sauce (Ceasar style)

give me approx 2 weeks notice - then itssss oooonnnnn!

if the pipes are too short and you get the fumes you could go Bada boy bubby styles with a gas mask... lookin good btw... love all the choices etc cloor blah blah... cant wait to start playing with fast bits on one (or more) of mine, won't be doing it myself tho thats for sure... (want it done rite heheh)

• 4 weeks later...