Sheepers' RA28 Celica

mikuni

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the ford badge is the first thing thats going to go.

TBH I'm not chasing heaps of power with this car, Ive already been told (by someone that has done this setup already) that 240 - 250RWKW is no problem and i reckon it will be a long while before i get tired of having that level of power on tap.

hell, my JZ is 220RWKW and it scares the shit out of me regularly.

the WI is an easy thing to setup and play around with latter on if i want to, but for now it will run without any charge cooling.

true.

the difference is that the JZ is still running stock turbos and stock computer. with bugger all work the JZ will far surpass the UZ.

hell, the JZ is suffering from weak ignition and the back turbo is smoky but right now i don't care, it still scares me and thats plenty fast enough (for now anyway.......)

sheepers.

not sure what you mean by the engine being hotter because its alloy? the engine wont run any hotter or colder than any other normal engine.

sheepers.

Just going on information that Ewan gave me in regards to his conversion in his Supra. I had originally thought about using the same heat transfer system that come with the M112 off the mustang anyways as it would at least be a factory option and not take up so much room as to what Ewan did with the cooling system directly under the supercharger.

Hmm yeah that does look like a fun job putting those strut towers in + getting them to be all the same angles and dimensions left to right!

tbh it looks like doing a mcpherson strut IRS setup would be a bunch easier, although I guess double wishbone is a better setup ultimately.

awesome work anyways, good luck with the wires and magic smoke!

• 4 weeks later...

roughly it cost exactly 680 inc.

the same guy made the radiator in my 23. it took rather a large hit (intercooler and some brackets tried to make their way through the end tanks) when spencer drove into me on purpose during the infamous "crash heard around the world" at track day.

these radiators are strong. really strong. i rate the quality of Dave's work very highly.

buy one.

sheepers.

• 2 weeks later...

on both counts above Ryan is correct, and i suspect that Ryan likes this.

165 is good speeds for a stock UZ, most of the UZ's that Brendon has on the dyno end up around the 155 area, so pretty happy with that.

goes very well, loads of torque and power all over the place. looking forward to track day. it will be quite an eye opener to compare the RA23 to this.