Sheepers' RA28 Celica

mikuni

On 25/02/2020 at 14:59, AllTorque said:

How are you bleeding air out of the cooling system when you fill it?

Did you disconnect a heater hose and remove the bleeder bolt above the thermostat housing?

I wonder if blanking the small hoses that go from one water bridge to the other are causing pockets of air to be trapped in the rear, as that’s something you have changed with the supercharger.

I’m bringing this up again. The small hoses that used to come out of the water bridges may be there for a reason.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, AllTorque said:

I’m bringing this up again. The small hoses that used to come out of the water bridges may be there for a reason.

Yea that loop that went through the TB bled the rear  ridge to the front right? Can you just whack a bit of hose in to let any steam/bubbles through to the front?

1 hour ago, AllTorque said:

yea, you may be right.

but the water take off to the heater is way higher. and the return from the heater is right into the feed for the water pump/stock.

fuck, ill be the stoked if i can somehow fix this by just bleeding the heater hose, but logic tells me that its probably not going to be the case unfortunately. 

• Like 2

Don't really want to chime in here, I imagine the frustration is overwhelming, even as a reader this is almost getting too much. 

So I feel your pain.

Does this setup happen to have a Inlet Air Temp Sensor post supercharger?

Assuming all the basics are ok, people are alluding to a cooling system change, is there any chance the flow of coolant has been disrupted? 

I doubt it's air, if your vaccum bleeding the cooling system etc, an air lock is very unlikely.

• 1 month later...

Also following the same weird issue you are.

prior to lockdown drove car and would get hot at lights etc moving all good.

now after lockdown have had no get hot situations 

also fresh motor so clearances are tighter and tend to run warmer anyway done same thing and had rad checked and fans and all that jazz

also was thinking was because temperatures have been much lower lately and air is cold on the sunny days.

i could just be full of shit and having a barry sharn though

• Like 3

Surely this whole "tight clearances producing more heat" is a myth, if clearances are tight enough to generate excess heat your engine would be a paper weight within a few km.

I'm pretty sure the UZ doesn't have a water cooled oil cooler, so excess friction wouldn't show very quickly in the coolant temps since all moving parts are oil cooled.

• Like 1

Could it be a airflow problem? As in air exiting the bonnet or passing over and around the motor? I imagine the superdooper charger will take a fair amount of space over the stock manifold. I've got no suggestions on fixing or testing it. Unless you do a roadkill with bonnet off?

Did you change the water pump when rebuilding the motor? Or had it off since adding super charger? Nothing silly like the impeller has dropped off the shaft?

Did you reroute belt arrangement? Belt turning the water pump correct way?

Probably all ready covered these off, just spit balling ideas 

Assume you've checked thermostat is working correctly? Or tried running with no thermostat?

I see you had head gaskets off, what about other water passage gasket? No gaskets wrong size restricting flow?