mikuni

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2c on cranking it to get oil pressure,

I wouldn't do that until.uoure almost ready to fire it.up. engines are assembled with assembly line, which is sticky stuff. Running In oil is piss. If you pressurise the lubrication system, the piss running in oil will purge all the assembly lube. Then if you get any delays before it gets fired.up.in ernest, it'll be getting the hell cold start on piss weak lube. (Especially if it takes a few.goes to make it go for the first fire.up)

Bart, the motor will have oil pressure bought up before we attempt to start it. i know what the assembly lube is like because i put it there, but at some point there has to be a transition from assembly lube to oil. it makes no difference if i do it today or 1 second before we start it. the assembly lube will be replaced by oil before any load goes onto the bearings and there is nothing (aside from somehow getting an engine to fire on its first rotation before its got oil pressure and i wouldn't do that if you paid me) that will change that so im sure it will be fine. 

i do appreciate your concern though, you're a top bloke despite what people say. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

1. Got all the air burps out of the cooling system?

2. Someone told me a yarn about 1uz heater circuits years ago. If you have the heater outlet looped at the back of the engine it needs a restriction in the loop otherwise the water can hoon around the engine getting hotter and not going through the radiator

3. Radiator hoses the right way around? Probably doesnt matter with a cross flow rad but I had a customer with an uppy downy rad where the hoses were the wrong way round at the engine and it got hot  

4. Put a bloody 302 in it like it's meant to have, you bloody wanker  

• Like 4
  • Haha 4