Sheepers' RA28 Celica

mikuni

oh man i can totally relate to the back issues i have a herniated L5-S1 disk , causes me nothing but pain. some times it livable but if i pinch the nerve cluster i'm fucked for months!  

i need to find the motivation to get work on mine too, its been moved a few times, set up in a new shed. but i just haven't touched it in years . i cant even remember what i was doing on it last time. my build thread is lost in oldschool somewhere. probably gone its been so long 

so like ah , do you have any spare ?, like motivation  , where do you find it ? is it expensive ? how much for a gram ?? 

looking like a cool rebuild, are you going to do any other head work ?   how many limbs were the cams ? if you don't mind me asking 

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 18/07/2019 at 21:54, ta63-1uzze said:

oh man i can totally relate to the back issues i have a herniated L5-S1 disk , causes me nothing but pain. some times it livable but if i pinch the nerve cluster i'm fucked for months!  

i need to find the motivation to get work on mine too, its been moved a few times, set up in a new shed. but i just haven't touched it in years . i cant even remember what i was doing on it last time. my build thread is lost in oldschool somewhere. probably gone its been so long 

so like ah , do you have any spare ?, like motivation  , where do you find it ? is it expensive ? how much for a gram ?? 

looking like a cool rebuild, are you going to do any other head work ?   how many limbs were the cams ? if you don't mind me asking 

Get your back operated on. Get it fixed. 

Don't fuck around waiting for it to heal because it won't.  Get it fixed. 

You'll find your motivation right after the surgery,  I can promise you that. 

As for the cams,  I bought them years ago.  I think they were about 1200$ but I could be wrong.  I got them from kelford and whatever they list the price as is what I probably paid

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nice. How did you finish the flat surfaces? They look sandblasted? Whenever I try and buff aluminium (to hide scratches from welding prep) I never seem to be able to get a uniform finish. Was making some brackets yesterday that needed that treatment... 

i finished them with my DA sander.

first i grind the welds back to almost flat with the flap wheel on the grinder.

80 grit on the DA to get the grinding marks out

then 150 grit on the DA sander, then scotch brite on the DA sander.

comes up mint.

i have 150mm,  75mm and 50mm DA they are absolutely the best for finishing shit like this.

• Like 2

Ah yeap, might give it a crack with my multitool then (since I don't have an orbital sander). Previously I've just used the flapper disc which is OK but always leaves the surface rougher than I'd like and the 'grain' ends up messed up when you have to come at the workpiece from different directions 

Nice job on the power steering rebuild and all the other work of course

good quality as always

have also done a few power steering rebuilds myself 

but definitely not to the precision as you have normally i just wet and dry sandpaper the plates and rotor if it needs it then reassemble it with some rubber grease to help with the first time it runs.

mine were never noisey though just leaked.

but will use your precision next time i do one though 

hope your back is healing up good 

• Like 1

On 03/12/2019 at 22:39, piazzanoob said:

hope your back is healing up good 

hey man, yea my back is feeling really good. still got to be careful and take things easy but so far so good.

oh, also, i ran into your brother the other day, nice bloke. we had a brief yarn.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...