Sheepers' RA28 Celica

mikuni

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

any idea on the time taken to machine that? its awesome

ive been working on it off and on for about 2 years and ive kind of lost track of actual machine hours but at a guess id say 40 - 50 hours? 

if we made another one it would be way quicker but thats always the way. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

wow what a great job! love to see a fast back looking this good! id give my left arm to own one... mite be hard to drive a manual if i did but that only proves how much i want one haha. awesome work man love it. 

cheers man. 

its a choice car to drive, lots of fun on the open road and when the road gets windy it really comes into its own. 

i remember having a brief yarn to you at the Toyota nationals last year. your car is really tidy man, be keen to see it again at some point. 

Jesus fuck! You just keep ramping up the level of precision and skill on your cars bro!

I can't wait to see the car go with that superdupercharger on there! You should look into selling manifolds, I'm sure plenty of guys on the lextreme forums would pay good money for one!

• 2 months later...

yea i modeled it all from scratch.

took a while to get it right.

i basically measured a stock manifold to get the hole spacings then cut 1mm templates of the mating faces to match up with the stock manifold. with the templates i could see which holes didn't line up and move them around.

once id got the left and right side right then i made templates of the manifold holes both left and right side together to get the offsets between left and right correct.

then once id done that i went about doing flow analysis on different internal shapes to try to get it to flow evenly across all the ports.

then i machined it. 

easy.

• Like 2

yea that could happen.

TBH the 122 is running at the edge of its efficiency with the pulley its got on it. it would really only make more heat and fuck all else with a smaller pulley.

should do some proper calks i suppose because I'm going to be making a new pulley so if it could be smaller…….

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...